$5.00 gallon for gas in Los Angeles.

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
5 bucks

500cc Ducati motorbike will be fighting the power all summer long! I need to see the body, the body of Bin Laden they claim they had, it still like were on a f___ witch hunt for something we can't find in our own country now days, anyone for a fair deal....??

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Right when things were looking better (or at least stable) in the economy, gas prices come up to kick it square in the cajones again. It is like the mid-70s all over again.

bmwe91974

Reaction score
American boys have nothing to complain about yourselves since 1 Galan conversion to dollrs costs 9 dollars in Denmark :cry::cry::cry:

rb1971

Reaction score
I wonder how this compares on an inflation-adjusted basis. I know if was quite a shock (as someone that only buys gas about 1x/month) to fill my tank last weekend at $4.79.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
American boys have nothing to complain about yourselves since 1 Galan conversion to dollrs costs 9 dollars in Denmark :cry::cry::cry:

+1 (1 Gallon (98 OCTANE) = 6,75 euro in spain = 10,125 $ )

you are seeing that fun is over, and that hurts,... but in europe that has been the normal case since many years ago

Dave L

Reaction score
Gas prices

The other day I finally noticed what I had been looking for at the pumps (but was always mared so I couldnt read or see it). There was the decal that lists the taxes per gallon of gas. I noticed that, at least here in So Cal, one fourth of that price per gallon is taxes (about $1.08 per gallon presently). It's not the oil getting us in the pocket, it's the government that taxes it. The funny thing is that the highest tax .53 is a "local excise" tax. If the local municipal governments are making 53 cents per gallon sold, where is all that money going?
The money for road maintenance and pollution control is only about 18 cents a gallon, that part I can live with. I want to research where that local tax goes.

Dave L

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would gladly pay $9.00 a gallon for all the social services you Denmarkians receive. I would end up ahead of the game.
Please hold the rants, we all know all the arguments. Please!

Steve