5 E9 Coupes for sale at Copart Portland OR

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A Buyer that used to work for us works for Copart now and deals with private party sales. He called me and said he's listing five coupes from a private collection, two listed now and three more coming soon. All in different condition.

He can give the seller an offer on cars directly if you want to put one in. PM me and I'll forward it.

https://www.copart.com/lot/44318708

71813c65-5271-49dd-a072-e5cb9e680c0d.JPG

31b97fd6-1c5f-44d8-b102-9ec3db6fe2eb.JPG

b4a73082-6db5-4186-8e5a-085b27c3e919.JPG

230391c3-ff45-4fba-8bee-5c305ace1e63.JPG

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This fascinates me - great find. I just have to wonder how this affects (or is a direct result of) the perceived value of our coupes. As an example, would you ever find one (or five) late sixties-early seventies 911's, or early 356's at Copart lots? My assumption is no. Just thinking out loud.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I see those cars at Copart occasionally. The reason is because it's easy to export a car from a Copart auction near a coast or port so they get a LOT of international bidders. If you buy from eBay you have to arrange your own export process.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
could indeed be the going on prices for coupes that those "wrecks" pop up …. :) nothing wrong with it . As long you know "what" you buy …..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Are these Copart auctions all with reserves?

The "Sale Status" says what kind of auction it is and that can change during the bidding, similar to a reserve being met. "On Approval" means it has a reserve but the seller can sell it below reserve if they want to. "Pure Sale" means no reserve and it will sell.

EJ333

Reaction score
A Buyer that used to work for us works for Copart now and deals with private party sales. He called me and said he's listing five coupes from a private collection, two listed now and three more coming soon. All in different condition.

He can give the seller an offer on cars directly if you want to put one in. PM me and I'll forward it.

https://www.copart.com/lot/44318708

View attachment 50789

View attachment 50790

View attachment 50791

View attachment 50792
Are the CoPart estimated values realistic or overstated ?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Are the CoPart estimated values realistic or overstated ?

If it's an insurance company they are usually close but slightly high. On the private party side the seller sets the "Retail Value" so it means nothing.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting AC face plate from a bavaria, mounted in a non-AC console, with vents on the side:

1F020B47-61E0-448E-A25E-60FFFA8B1A4A.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. Any in turkis by any chance? ;-)

Yup! One Turkis, One Ceylon, and One Inka. All in good original condition for under $10K, and two are CSL’s. The Turkis is a euro CS with period Alpina parts. Due to a glitch in Copart, only people who received the direct link can see the auction.

I’m sorry what? I was day dreaming...

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a thread with a picture I took of all five of them 9 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long)! I don't know how excited I would get, they didn't look that great then and they have been sitting out in the Portland rainy weather ever since. A bunch of people, including me, have tried to buy all of them, one of them, or parts for the last few years. The guy just wanted too much money. He was older so who knows what's happen since. Sorry Markos, no Inka, no Ceylon, no CSLs...:)

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/give-thanks-our-cars-are-that-much-rarer.5604/#post-33898