5 speed converters - what did you do with your Auto trans?

FjordTempo

Reaction score
Is an original 3 speed Auto worth anything to anyone, or is it scrap time?

What did all of you 5 speed swappers do with yours?

thank you
Matt

p.s. I am blown away by the difference in the driving experience from Auto to 5speed. It's like a different car altogether. Why did I wait 3 years to do it?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Most ex-auto owners find it makes a superb boat anchor, lift counterweight, or static testament to how bad auto boxes used to be.

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Matt
Did you convert to the 5sp yourself?And if you did can you share the problem you encountered during the process.I'm looking forward to doing this to mine soon! Thanks Tim

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hi Matt
Did you convert to the 5sp yourself?And if you did can you share the problem you encountered during the process.I'm looking forward to doing this to mine soon! Thanks Tim

It is a pretty well documented procedure. It has been done so many times by so many people the FAQs do an excellent job covering all the pitfalls. Just using them, I was able to do it no problem.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Find someone local to you with a slushbox model and leave yours in their driveway with a christmas bow on it.

Pray you don't get caught.....

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yep. Couldn't give it away. I threw it in the trunk of my e12 parts car just before I sent it off to the crusher.

John