'70 2800cs on Sacramento Craigslist...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I checked this car out with my son today at lunch. The owner is asking $5k "firm" and the car is worth about $2,000 to $2500. Its just above a parts car in my opinion. Last driven (and run) in 1992! Rust in some of the typical places, water in the rear floorboards and spare tire well, everything needs reconditioning or replacing in the interior. Paint is either original or redone in the early 80's. He says the car was completely gone through in '81 or '82, which doesn't really matter either way at this point. We took a bunch of photos and can post them here if anyone is interested in seeing them. I told the owner that the car was worth about $2500 and he said he'd keep it as a lawn ornament before selling it for less than $5k.

While typing this I just realized I forgot to get the VIN number. I thought about it on the way out there and then forgot. Damn.

Dan

manimal

Reaction score
Can't be as bad as this one...http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/1532797431.html

"Asking $2995 Firm-this car is worth 3 times this price in parts alone" I'm new to e9's (I've got 2 2002s) but that price just seems ridiculous. You know he's gotten a few 1000$ offers as well since the ad has been floating around for a bit and only recently says the price is firm.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't be as bad as this one...http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/1532797431.html

"Asking $2995 Firm-this car is worth 3 times this price in parts alone" I'm new to e9's (I've got 2 2002s) but that price just seems ridiculous. You know he's gotten a few 1000$ offers as well since the ad has been floating around for a bit and only recently says the price is firm.

Except that the Sac coupe is sitting in a muddy pasture so you can't see the underside. On the bright side, he has a group of miniature donkeys grazing around the car keeping the grass trimmed and protecting it from thieves!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seattle cs

Hey I'd give him a few hundred for the seats, but what a piece of....
I got a laugh out of those pictures. Good luck to the seller. If someone offers you a thousand, take it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
...I got a laugh out of those pictures...

Yeah, although I thank the guy for being thorough with his photos. Image putting two pictures of the car taken from about 40 feet away. That other guy gets calls all day long asking the same questions over and over..