'70 CS in Santa Ana

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
No headrests. Is that something that started in 1971?

Ya, aftermarket intake I think. Probably got sick and tired of getting the Zenith's setup.

Looks really good body-wise I must say!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
No headrests. Is that something that started in 1971?

My '73 doesn't have headrests. The holes and trim rings are there but there is a chrome cap inside the chrome ring that caps off the hole.

Also, the ebay car has the seat fold lever near the shoulder, not down low near the chrome hinge...

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
theres rust on the seat lever release and the screw
it must have been left out for water to get to the interior
so id be very carful as
the whole interior hidden parts could be well rusted also
under dash-- in doors

RJRuiz

Reaction score
Some E 12's were available with a single 4-bbl carb/manifold equipped M-30 engine; there are still some manifolds out there.

I believe the original carbs were Zenith; there was at least one of the old list members (Marty Roach?) who had converted to a small Holley 4-bbl and was pleased with the result.

Ray

shanon

Reaction score
This VIN 2201099 is likely (guessing here) a summer of 1969 delivery. My '70 #2202577 came off the line in late December 1969.

Looks like an early specimen.
Neat.

Last edited:

Ivan O

Reaction score
New to the forum and not to knowledgeable about the e9s but learning as I go. Anyways I was lucky to see this one in person today. Title states it's a 71. Fiberglass hood and trunk. Paint is clean but Underbody looks rusty, couldn't see it up on a lift. Seller is not too knowledgeable either as he bought it at estate sale but seems honest n description of things needed are accurate. I know it's hard to tell by those pics but should I bite or pass if I don't want a major project?

Attachments

• IMG_0575.PNG
    IMG_0575.PNG
    5.3 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0576.PNG
    IMG_0576.PNG
    5.2 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0577.PNG
    IMG_0577.PNG
    6.1 MB · Views: 153

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMHO, what you have here is certainly a project. certain positives, but right away there are electrical gremlins running wild. Perhaps you are knowledgeable and patient with this type of investigation, but they almost always go on and on.... Then there is the fact you couldn't see much underneath. Most 45+ year old cars that have sat for 14 years will have much sorting to do. But at the current price point, that is what a purchaser must accept. It certainly is interesting, and there are not many examples that pop up in one's own neck of the woods....so, like HBChris, take a deep breath, check your goodwill credits with your partner, make sure you have space, time $$$, and enough enthusiasm to proceed. Good thing is, we are all here to help :)

shanon

Reaction score
Sold at $21.6k.

Hhmmm..early example, nice paint/interior, roll up windows & fiberglass weight savings, strong motor...think somebody scored.

Congrats and have fun with it!