71 2800CS Tundra Green $16.5k

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks again folks but there's a fine line between being a decent chap and being a F'*ing jerk, many a person have told me I've crossed that line, and still others have said I stayed on the other side :-/

I do want to take this moment to announce the recent acquisition of the above-mentioned Tundra. I have worked a purchase with Chris and I'll be getting some help from other members in the temporary storage/transport of the vehicle. I think one of the deciding factors besides my need for torture is that it's warming up in the Chicago area and I'm not afraid of driving up there with my trailer and gathering said vehicle. I am also not exactly sure what I'll be doing with her ???

You are a glutton for punishment.

And be advised that warm in Chicago is a relative term. Take clothing that will keep you warm in cold rainy 40 degree weather, cause you just might encounter that this time of year.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen -- I grew up where you live now. Not only is that shorts weather, it is time to break out the grill, cook some brats, and have a few ice cold PBRs.
You betcha - I am continually amazed at how robust the folks in Wisconsin are. Far more so than I am (I have three layers on in my 70 degree office).

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You betcha - I am continually amazed at how robust the folks in Wisconsin are. Far more so than I am (I have three layers on in my 70 degree office).

Yeah, but I had to warn Peter -- he does not have the body fat we Cheeseheads carry around to insulate us from the cold.

Denniskennedy

Reaction score
Dennis, didn't we talk once before when you were looking? Since you are so close, I am in Solebury, a mile from Dilly's up the hill on Rt 263, why don't you ride shotgun with me on our next drive.

Steve
I believe we may have. Thank you for the offer. I may have to take you up on the offer one day.