71 3.0CSi FS on BaT

BikeRider

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 73 CSi arrived to the port of Baltimore Monday from the Netherlands. Needs to go through customs; should be about another week or so before it gets here. I paid for the car the beginning of October. It's been "nerve-racking-fun" getting it here. Next task will be obtaining title.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting use of euro console sides and US a/c panel, also why did they move the fuel pipes under the car to the frame rail?

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am stumped. What is the difference in the a/c panels between US and European on 72/73 cars?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s where CSi fuel lines are in 1972 & 1973. Mine are the same. My car does not have AC or a sunroof.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s where CSi fuel lines are in 1972 & 1973. Mine are the same. My car does not have AC or a sunroof.
I assumed they run next to rockers like carb cars and 74 carb cars with a return line. The parts diagram doesn’t show a diagonal direction I don’t think.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
My 73 CSi arrived to the port of Baltimore Monday from the Netherlands. Needs to go through customs; should be about another week or so before it gets here. I paid for the car the beginning of October. It's been "nerve-racking-fun" getting it here. Next task will be obtaining title.
That’s crazy

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Serious strong money for a car that doesn't seem to be THAT much more nicer than what Oldenzaahl (SIC?) puts out.

However, AC and sunroof are big pluses me thinks for a CSi. Don't normally see those options installed. And manual front windows!

dbower

Reaction score
The sunroof value question is a mystery to me. I think Hagerty considers it a 15% bump. (My calculator says that's $15,000 on a $100,000 car!) Given our cars' propensity for rust, and our ridiculous sunroof drain design, I sought a slicktop specifically when I was shopping. Seems to me a roof should be a deduct on our cars. Of course, I may be biased since I seldom use the sunroofs that are on my other vehicles. YMMV. The electric sunroof on this coupe was a neat option, though.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you have TWO cars in the SAME rust-free condition, one sunroof, one non-sunroof, I'm sure the former would be in more demand.

Sure, if you're buying a #3...#5 car, a sunroof CAN be a detriment if it shows it was causing rust.

But let's be realistic here. Very few people leave their E9s stored out in the weather and/or drive in the pouring rain.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wish my CSi had a sunroof. Came very close to replacing the roof to a sunroof roof. That sunroof roof went on another CS VSR built.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the thing i like about sunroofs is simple - its a great chimney / heat release from a car that has sat in the sun. living in the south, that can be very important. my coupe is a slicktop as i was going for body condition, not options. if you have a sunroof car, then its a fix the drains to work properly.

Rob, while none of us leave our coupes out in the weather, there are many that sat outside in their youth ...