71 BMW 2800CS FL $15.5k

CharlesJ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Likely already spoken for but if anyone is looking here, call and get on a plane! Mostly rust free nice body for under 25k is a winner.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have seen this car. It's at a very good restoration shop where member Drew Gregg is having the coupe he bought on BAT from Honolulu a few months ago worked on. I believe the owner (a snow bird) originally just wanted the shop get it running for when he was in town. It is priced to sell!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have seen this car. It's at a very good restoration shop where member Drew Gregg is having the coupe he bought on BAT from Honolulu a few months ago worked on. I believe the owner (a snow bird) originally just wanted the shop get it running for when he was in town. It is priced to sell!

Wow. I have their show DVR'd but never watched it. I actually loved Drew's car as presented with the Korman, color etc. @Drew Gregg will have to show it off when it is done. That auction was a sh#$ show: another example of the seller failing to feed the beast and knock out the idiots.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Doug--Glen told me they got full price offers the same day it was put on Craig's list. The Creative Workshop got it running,but it still needs lots of work. Now the owner wishes they had put a higher price on it. I'll find out if the deal closed. My car needs a different idle jet in one of the carbs. They are getting it ready for the BMWCCA picnic Saturday.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm glad they're increasing the price. I kind of felt bad for the seller, and I can stop pouting. Wife and I have an agreed $$$$ where we must consult before spending. So, this pops up, & I call her immediately. She asked how the budget for my 4-year plan on my car was? Quiet. And I was now proposing another one that would require even more work? Quiet. And two kids starting college within 3 years? Quiet? And you plan on building a shop that doesn't look like a shop when we move? Yes, but .... Quiet. I hung up and went back to trial prep thinking she should take the cross exam of the other party. Then I posted on here, because I needed that car gone to concentrate.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
What show is this?[/QUOTE
What show is this?

There is a show/episode on Motor trend TV below:

LONG ROAD TO MONTEREY follows the work of Jason Wenig and his team of automotive artisans at The Creative Workshop north of Miami, Fla., as they, not only restore the 1921 Kissel Gold Bug, but also ready an extraordinary 1966 Ferrari 330 GT Speciale for The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering in Carmel, Calif., this August. The Creative Workshop is a nationally recognized, full-service car restoration business dedicated to historic antique, vintage, post-war and classic, European and American cars. From art deco era roadsters to muscle cars, Ferraris and Fords, Wenig’s The Creative Workshop customizes, restores, services and builds all types of vehicles.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow. I have their show DVR'd but never watched it. I actually loved Drew's car as presented with the Korman, color etc. @Drew Gregg will have to show it off when it is done. That auction was a sh#$ show: another example of the seller failing to feed the beast and knock out the idiots.
The BAT auction I assume of which you are talking. The color combo & engine mods with A/C is what got my attention. I submitted a bid and called the seller. His opinion was to only respond to those that bid. The President of BMWCCA lives in the same town in Mauii and I asked him to look at the car and let me know if I should buy it. He also owns a '72 coupe. There was some slight damage to the paint during shipping the 5000 miles to Ft. Lauderdale. I asked Hagerty for body shop references and they gave me 5 local shops. The closest to my house was The Creative Workshop. When I stopped there I saw the Baikal 2800CS in their lot. Then I went inside and saw a mechanic working on 6 Webers in a Lamborgini along with other very expensive collector cars. I knew there was no need to go to the other 4 shops! They have been working on the coupe for over 2 months. I gave them the blue shop manual I got with the car and the white parts manuals I bought along with many new parts I bought from W&N. The car had only been driven 3600 miles in 13 years. But much of the detail work was left as "good enough" for a Sunday drive around Mauii. Creative corrected many things such as getting the door locks to work to removing a big red marine battery cut-off switch from the engine compartment to removing that big alum. plenum air box connected with double sided tape on the triple Webers. Lots more improvements will be made such as custom painted 16X7" BBS wheels to replace the 13 year old 14" rock hard tires. Here's a pic of the car in the Creative shop, and next to the 2800CS.

Attachments

• IMG_7165.JPG
    IMG_7165.JPG
    423.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_7166.JPG
    IMG_7166.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 274

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The BAT auction I assume of which you are talking. The color combo & engine mods with A/C is what got my attention. I submitted a bid and called the seller. His opinion was to only respond to those that bid. The President of BMWCCA lives in the same town in Mauii and I asked him to look at the car and let me know if I should buy it. He also owns a '72 coupe. There was some slight damage to the paint during shipping the 5000 miles to Ft. Lauderdale. I asked Hagerty for body shop references and they gave me 5 local shops. The closest to my house was The Creative Workshop. When I stopped there I saw the Baikal 2800CS in their lot. Then I went inside and saw a mechanic working on 6 Webers in a Lamborgini along with other very expensive collector cars. I knew there was no need to go to the other 4 shops! They have been working on the coupe for over 2 months. I gave them the blue shop manual I got with the car and the white parts manuals I bought along with many new parts I bought from W&N. The car had only been driven 3600 miles in 13 years. But much of the detail work was left as "good enough" for a Sunday drive around Mauii. Creative corrected many things such as getting the door locks to work to removing a big red marine battery cut-off switch from the engine compartment to removing that big alum. plenum air box connected with double sided tape on the triple Webers. Lots more improvements will be made such as custom painted 16X7" BBS wheels to replace the 13 year old 14" rock hard tires. Here's a pic of the car in the Creative shop, and next to the 2800CS.

Super exciting. I’d be down there trying to peek until they hired a guard. I acquired my car sorta-not-realky the same way, except it was 300 miles away & I bought on second-hand accounts—not smart. We, the intrepid BaT rnm buyers, should start a society. Funny that shop is close to you. Just last weekend, I figured out a nondescript warehouse ~1 mile from my house is a vintage racing restoration shop that’s done old Listers, Allards & Ferraris. Never seen a car of any note while driving by it for years.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Super exciting. I’d be down there trying to peek until they hired a guard. I acquired my car sorta-not-realky the same way, except it was 300 miles away & I bought on second-hand accounts—not smart. We, the intrepid BaT rnm buyers, should start a society. Funny that shop is close to you. Just last weekend, I figured out a nondescript warehouse ~1 mile from my house is a vintage racing restoration shop that’s done old Listers, Allards & Ferraris. Never seen a car of any note while driving by it for years.
Jay--Every time I stop in there I see another incredible car. The latest is a white Aston Martin 1965 DB4 that's in for a full restoration. There are several Corvettes and a 1959 red Pontiac Bonneville convertible that was bought at auction and needed a complete restoration. It is a one year only model that could keep the Coupe in its trunk! The Creative gets auction cars that people bought thinking they were restored only to find out they need way more work. And then there are the complete nut & bolt restorations of the really old cars and one-off projects of vehicles headed to Pebble Beach.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 2800CS sold to a person in Canada for $17.5K. There were several people who wanted to buy the car within hours of it on Craig's List. Creative sold it for the owner as a favor to the client who had it there for a few months and decided he didn't want to finish the car enough to drive it in the winter when he spent time in South Florida.

Nick1224

Reaction score
I had called into the shop earlier that day, but never got a call back. I would have gladly paid more than that.....