71 CSI for sale or trade

riverflyer

Reaction score
Here we go again. I have thought of selling this before
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6621
but changed my mind. I would really like to restore and use but it just is not happening. I have had a car in the shop for 4 years, sapping all the time and resources that I have in this area.
There is one very small spot of rust, shown in the pics in the above thread. It has not changed or grown in the 7years I have owned the car.
76k miles. All it needs to be used and enjoyed is an oil change and new tires. Can be test driven as is. The car is located on the north coast of Calif., Mendocno to be exact. Very pretty area for a buyer to travel to. Could be brought to SF bay area for sale if serious buyer on hand.
3.5 motor, 5 spd converted long ago. Always starts and runs beautifully, given the lack of attention. pics are still current, nothing has changed....great opportunity for nice driver or for a restoration car.
California car.
I have lots of pics, email with questions or pic requests or offers.
[email protected]
John

Attachments

• front int.jpg
    front int.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 235

riverflyer

Reaction score
Just getting back to this. As of this morning, I have 9 pm's and 16 emails to sort through.
I will try and respond to all today.
Couple of points of reference. Last time, almost three years ago, I had two very interested buyers with a localish buyer offering $19k. We could not get our schedules together though and I decided to just keep the car. So in answer to bwalvoord's post above, no, the price will not be $12k! ;) A
s the market spoke three years ago at a much higher price even then and prices have risen since. I have tried to get a handle on pricing the car but it only gets more confusing as prices seem to be all over the place. I recently sold a GT3 and it was easy to come up with a price that would sell the car quickly and easily, but not so with the coupes.

My thought process was that I am not going to have time to fix the car so I might as well sell it. Part of the move to sell came from being way too busy and this seemed like a way to simplyfy. Thats not working out to well!!

So, rather than respond to every request for pics, transport to overseas shipping etc, I will post more pics, let you all know it will not sell for less than the former $19k price and let anyone still interested make me their best offer. I will take the highest offer, work through the viewing, inspection process with that person and if it does not work out, go to the next. If it does not work out, I will just keep it and hope for the time to finish properly.

Hope that sounds like a fair solution. People seemed to want to see pics of tire well, under carpets etc. I will post what I have. I do not have any pics with the car on a lift, sorry. John

Here is another pic of the extra wheels. I guess they are not genuine alpina's but they do come with the deal.
Also copy of my historical disclosure below.

The car is sitting in a dry, even temp. garage. I have owned it since 06 I think.
I have a wad of receipts from various work, mostly early 90's through 04 of so (gas tank was replaced, head rebuilt, brakes redone, heavier sway bars added, and lots of maintenance and service done).I know its a 5sp but am now uncertain about the 3.5.
The block says 3.0 and I just spoke with one of the previous owners who knew nothing about a 3.5, just that this particular car was very fast. In fact, that was why he sold the car, it intimidated his wife!

I inspected the spare wheel well and it is solid and rust free. Rockers and wheel arches seem the same.

Apparently, according to the third owner, the second owner had the car for over 15 years. He had a front end accident in 96. At that point, these cars were only worth a very small amount and the cost of the parts neede, bumper and two grills and radiator mounts, pushed the insurance to "total" the car. The same owner then bought it back from them, repaired it and drove it another 8 years.

Car runs great but needs new tires, some wiring stuff and some power steering boost work.

Thats as full a disclosure as I can offer. I drove the car over 200 miles to my home, after I bought it and it ran great.
The id number is 2260773. It is a 3.0csi from the factory and third owner thought is was imported by a service man as it is apparently a euro model (speedo in km's). Current mileage shows 12,700 or so. Assuming its been around once, meaning 112,700km's, that puts the mileage at about 76k.
Oh, there was some rust repair done to the flat areas on both sides, around the shock towers. Was done over 10 years ago and is very solid. May have been clean up and preventative. Its some kind of rubberized product stuck to the metal. Pics enclosed

riverflyer

Reaction score
Here are pics that most seemed to want to see.
First set, under passenger carpet, spare tire tub and extra wheels included with sale.

Attachments

• alpina's.jpg
    alpina's.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0124.jpg
    DSC_0124.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 166

riverflyer

Reaction score
Next set,
front (passenger) wheel arch
driver side rear wheel arch
pass. side rear wheel arch
close up of rust bubble (unchanged in the time I have owned the car) dr. door

Attachments

• DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0125.jpg
    DSC_0125.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0119.jpg
    DSC_0119.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 149

riverflyer

Reaction score
close shot of front grill
rear deck, bumper etc
driver side floor pan
rear trunk assembly detail

Attachments

• DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0120.jpg
    DSC_0120.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 134

riverflyer

Reaction score
misc set including
rear seats
tool kit
steering wheel
dash

Attachments

• back seat.jpg
    back seat.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0138.jpg
    DSC_0138.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 141
  • tool kit.jpg
    tool kit.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 151
  • steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 165
  • front int.jpg
    front int.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 150

riverflyer

Reaction score
Last set
underside of hood, engine, radiator, door panels and interior.

OK, there she is with most of the pics I have. The car is at our coast house and I will not be there again until mid week. Can take any further pics needed then, but suspect that some will just come to see in person when I can meet them there.
Hope this is enough info for all who have expressed interest.
Whether you responded earlier or not, if you remain interested with further pics and pricing info, pls contact me again by pm or email and I will call you as possible. Leave some times that work for you.
thanks, John

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0137.jpg
    DSC_0137.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_0122.jpg
    DSC_0122.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0121.jpg