71 csl

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
For that kind of coinage can we at least get a Varta/BMW battery, or anything better than a Pep Boys battery in there?

It's an Interstate which is actually a good battery. The new BMW batteries (made by Exide) don't have the best track record. At least it doesn't have a big green sticker that says "Econo Power" on it.

Too bad it doesn't have the original motor but I still think that car is way cool.

RonP

Reaction score
Here is my assessment: Looks like a front clip was put on the car for sure (buyer beware) and other than the non matching # motor and some slick dealer monkey snot all over the car, it appears to be a pretty nice and "all there" car. The problem with the current CSL market is that the car guys that are kind of "non BMW' people have now discovered the CSL and they all want one!!! The trouble is that there aren't any out there for sale. My opinion is that this car will reach and fetch over $150 and possibly higher than that, just because of the pent up demand.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pool

I think we should start a pool, make it interesting- winner gets a (something) and the pool entrants all chip in = amounts to make up the (something). Anyone game?

RonP

Reaction score
Ok, I will be the first to donate a prize for this. You can either have your choice of factory mud flaps or e9 fender liners. Both are extremely rare and both new in box!

shanon

Reaction score
I am in at $167.5K, i want those mud flaps!
I'd rather have the 3.3L with the triples.

2600lbs E9 are fun ;-)

m73

Reaction score
Maybe this coupe can still achieve top dollar...but not over-the-top dollar because of lack of provenance.

Much like Bentley recreations, these early BMW hotrods might still fetch plenty of money even if not original. Although it will take a long time to get there...

MF