72 BAV on BAT

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

NMNA
Seems to be in good nick. Still needs some TLC but nothing serious. Why the seller wouldn't spring $20 for a set of door latch caps is a conundrum. They help the door close so much nicer. Not my favorite color combo. No reserve should give a good indication of what a nice driver e3 will bring even if it’s Sahara. ($9-10k seems fair?)
On another topic discussed here it’s a 72 without painted trim between the taillights.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'll be watching this with interest. I agree, will be a good indicator.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
NMNA
Seems to be in good nick. Still needs some TLC but nothing serious. Why the seller wouldn't spring $20 for a set of door latch caps is a conundrum. They help the door close so much nicer. Not my favorite color combo. No reserve should give a good indication of what a nice driver e3 will bring even if it’s Sahara. ($9-10k seems fair?)
On another topic discussed here it’s a 72 without painted trim between the taillights.

Actually, Sahara is one of my favorite colors on these. The E3 is an understated car and Sahara is an understated color. :)

We all have our priorities on where to spend money on cars, but I don't think I'd go for the expensive CoupeKing wheels over some of the other needed "fixits", but that's just me.

It would be nice to know when this 72 was made. On the Tail Panel Thread we've kind of pinned down the painted panels between April 71 and April 72. I think we in the US get too hung up on "model years" and the Europeans didn't back then. There are probably as many what we call "72's" with painted panels as brushed...it just depends on the date of manufacture.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Actually, Sahara is one of my favorite colors on these. The E3 is an understated car and Sahara is an understated color. :)
I should say it would not be a deal breaker, I owned a 73 2002 in this color combo so I never say never. I'm sure there are many Sahara fans so it actually should not affect the final bid. The fact that it's 3000 miles away is a bigger drag for me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
We all have our priorities on where to spend money on cars, but I don't think I'd go for the expensive CoupeKing wheels over some of the other needed "fixits", but that's just me.

The owner @COUPE9 is a member here. He has a very nice coupe and had another project coupe that he was selling last fall. I’m guessing that he just threw those on there.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This car has a lot going for it as a driver or a base for resto/upgrades. I commend @COUPE9 for the discipline to stop & sell. You could spend money & time fixing “one more little thing” that’s not necessarily going to affect the price. Hope it exceeds expectations.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Word from the PNW is the owner is a reliable stand up guy, and the car is worth a go at. Apparently the all A/C bits are available there, but not sure if they come with the sale or not. 108 here today so frosty cold AC is high on my list.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
The owner is a really good local guy, he will tell it as it is should anybody wish to contact him. I recommend calling him and chatting if anybody has interest, he will answer as best he can any questions asked.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know the seller well and have seen the car in person. The presentation and images tell an accurate story and I doubt you can go wrong buying this and just driving it regularly. I would love to see it stay in the Northwest with the new owner joining our back country E9 drives.

BorgBmw

Reaction score
Looks like a nice one. Thoughts on final price? My guess will be about 10k.