72 Bavaria on BaT

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

It doesn't look rusty in the pictures shown, and hopefully the rest of the non photographed areas are the same.

Cosmetically, it needs just about everything...bodywork and paint, interior, dash, belt mouldings, trunk liners, etc.

Hard to tell how it is mechanically. No videos and no description of such by the seller.

Why didn't the seller just snap the hubcaps and trim rings on that are in the trunk?

The side draft webers are a nice touch.

otter74

Reaction score
Isn’t this the same car that was discussed here maybe a few months ago in some thread or another? Maybe the running E3s-for-sale thread. It looked immediately familiar when i saw it on BaT. Driver quality cosmetics are plenty good enough for me, so if it was mechanically good I’d be happy with it.

Notice in the comment that the original owner’s son appeared - recognized the plates immediately.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same car that was discussed here maybe a few months ago in some thread or another? Maybe the running E3s-for-sale thread. It looked immediately familiar when i saw it on BaT. Driver quality cosmetics are plenty good enough for me, so if it was mechanically good I’d be happy with it.

Notice in the comment that the original owner’s son appeared - recognized the plates immediately.
Here's that thread (Post #73) https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/e3s-for-sale-in-southern-california.42871/page-4

Here's the ad. https://offerup.com/item/detail/f5d012da-ebad-3c58-9e86-28a3438ad2f3?q=bmw+bavaria&cid=5.1

It's so cool that the original owner's son recognized the car. :)

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is not a "Bavaria" emblem on the deck lid, but there is a "3.0" emblem in the trunk.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 5.59.41 PM.png

I wonder if it is a 3.0s and not a Bavaria?

otter74

Reaction score
Are there any obvious clues in the interior as to the trim level? The back seat looks like it was redone in vinyl some time ago, and the front seats appear to be leather out of a different car with a black interior, save for the headrest holders. I don’t know what the general equipment differences were.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
There is not a "Bavaria" emblem on the deck lid, but there is a "3.0" emblem in the trunk.

View attachment 177000

I wonder if it is a 3.0s and not a Bavaria?
Yeah it’s a Bav. 3.0s would have more interior wood trim, chrome sill covers, etc. If it was done properly (holes welded not bonded) I don’t mind the belt line trim delete. It has a 123ignition electronic distributor. The listing really needs cold start, running/driving videos. Seller was asking $13k on Offer Up. He needs to be more responsive to exceed that number. It’s early so there’s time for that. Looks pretty rust free.