72 blu 3.0csa FS

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have decided that I don't need, at my age, two coupes. So, I am offering up the one I was going to build for my wife, who likes to drive, but not ride, when our local guys get together; that is why we wanted an automatic. I would refer to this a solid project, with little to be done to be roadworthy. Murray Fowler sourced the engine/trans from a car that he was overseeing the swap to a 3.5/5 spd;; the 70xxx mile donor engine and trans were shipped from LaJolla to NC and installed by Greg LaValle in Greensboro. (he did my 2002 restoration) Originally Baikal blue, no sunroof, repainted in Arctisblau in the eighties by the PO in TX; needs paint. Car was in an accident then, new front clip (insurance), so all new parts; rear was just bumped...excellent rear bumper and zero rust trunk lid will be included (not shown). Five oem alloys with round tires for shipping. Interior is tan leather; rear is brand new tan leather from World Upholstery, fronts are tired original that have shearlings on them, so not horrible. Grilles, glass, tailights, turn sigs, and trim all very good. Last on lift several years ago showed a few spots but no major issues. Will need a transmission seal (I have but will need to find) for the speedo cable, as it leaks out fluid. Brakes were rebuilt by Greg, all around, when engine swap done, ran great, (about five years ago), and never used since...so fuel is probably bad, and and hasn't been cranked in a couple of years. Had some health issues then and car has been dormant since under cover. Some other parts available at additional cost (restored wood set, 5 speed, other alloys, bilsteins, et.al.) No intention currently to sell those separately. $15K as it sits with extra rear bumper, rear decklid. Offered here before going public. Including a couple of pics to gauge interest. PM serious interest/phone # for more pics 828.443.1404 11:00-11:00pm eastern time. Dave V. in western NC 28655

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 468

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds like a helluva deal David. If I weren't in my current E9 situation I'd be all over this......Murray Fowler connection adds to the provenance!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Couple of folks asked for a shot of the rear, as the previous one looks crunched oddly...was bumped just below the lock, only dented the rear panel/valence..was told that it will pull fairly easily...see attached to see better view.

Attachments

• rear shot of blu coupe.JPG
    rear shot of blu coupe.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 380

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Couple of folks asked for a shot of the rear, as the previous one looks crunched oddly...was bumped just below the lock, only dented the rear panel/valence..was told that it will pull fairly easily...see attached to see better view.

@scottevest had a similar bump that Benny pulled straight for him. AFAIK it turned out well. There is also a new tail panel (with foglight) on Kleinanzeigen at the moment.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks good from here.

Would be curious how well the front end repair was done (proper spot welds, etc.).

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, he does paint/body work, so knows what he's getting into. His "bucket list" car. Good guy, and local. Best of luck finding in your search.