72 cs at NH dealer

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
hey all coupeseekers-

follow the link to a cs at a new hampshire dealer - some details if you want to know if its worth hitting the link: $15.5k; looks like a fjord w/black interior, listed as 5sp, dual webers, described as 75% restored. a word of caution, this car's got a "strait 6" and comes with beaded-taxi-driver seat covers!

http://www.paulscarcare.com/pcc.nsf/Viewer/D1A6089906934C7A85257648006F1461

and, no affiliation, etc, etc...

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
oops, i'd like to point out to those living outside the area that this dealer is not too far from mario at vsr if you need a reliable inspection!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anti-locks, climate control, only 1100 or so produced. Who knew?
My Freshman writing students also spell it "strait." The driver's seat looks a tad over 72K.

Steve

acat2002

Reaction score
Anti-locks, climate control, only 1100 or so produced. Who knew?
My Freshman writing students also spell it "strait." The driver's seat looks a tad over 72K.

Steve

prototypical used car lot run by a guy in a plaid sport coat ends up with a "#6" E9 and they suddenly think the car is a Lusso because they found some happy-talk on Wikipedia about E9s.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First, this car is a Euro.

The instrument wiring is crossed, that is why it appears to run hot and have an empty tank. Once you get used to that its the same.

The beaded seats are factory. Brought from Turkey by one of the Karmann workers for his own comfort during interior assembly, one day he forgot to remove them and dealers starting asking for the option.

There are signs the car was well cared for (club decals, firewall gaskets, 5 speed conversion), and Mario can turn this car into a jewel in a fortnight.

Am I a good salesman?

shanon

Reaction score
Is that an Alpina logo I see on those beaded seat covers.....?!
I bet we see 'em them on Ebay for $1000 soon.

LOL....nice write up Arde!

-shanon