72 CS in GA

dbower

Reaction score
Friends: My black 72 is back on the market. You may recall that I posted it here a few months ago. Got many inquiries and sold it to a gentleman in Santiago, Chile who saw the Hemmings ad. Apparently the Chilean govt is relaxing its limitations on importing classic cars. In fact, I had 3 separate inquiries from there.

Anyway, apparently the govt red tape there is not quite straightened out yet, and the buyer gave up trying to get govt approval. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for me, he forfeited a stiff deposit.

Here is a recap of the basics:
- 1972 3.0 CS, diamondschwarz, black leather, sunroof, a/c (134), auto trans
- original engine, newish head, dual Weber 32/36 downdrafts, strut bar, 188,000 mi
- 15" Alpina clones, chromed, with Pirelli P6's
- 20+ years of service records

This coupe is a solid, reliable driver. I have shown it occasionally and it has gathered a few trophies, but it is not really concours quality. In the 20+ years I have owned it in Georgia, it has been garaged with no rain. It was sold new and lived in SoCal prior to that. There are some paint occlusions on the horizontal surfaces, reportedly from CA acid rain.

The only exterior rust is a small bubble at the lower front corner of the passenger door. Paint is unbroken and the bubble has gotten no worse during my ownership. There are a few areas of minor surface rust on the underside, but nothing structural.

Extensive photos are posted here:

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/dwbower/library/1972 BMW 3-0 CSA VIN 2250036?sort=3&page=1

Posting here before it goes back on the national sites. Happy to answer any questions. Priced at $27,995.

Don Bower

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would advertise just in Chile and get an annuity of forefeited deposits.

Good luck!

A.