72 CS in Laguna Beach

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Marion’s coupe is still for sale, at only $15K it is a steal compared to the rusty parts cars we have seen recently including the BHCC coupe at $20K. Yes it will need work on the rockers and eventually front fenders but it needs a good home.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Final Update:

BHCC bought Marion’s coupe yesterday, wired her the funds same day and picked up her coupe today. Expect to see it on his website soon! She had a pleasant experience and stood firm on her asking price, he bought it sight unseen.

jamesw

Reaction score
This is a fascinating story Chris! I bet in a year there will be folks on here kicking themselves for not buying the car.

Cheers
James

jmackro

Reaction score
This is a fascinating story Chris! I bet in a year there will be folks on here kicking themselves for not buying the car.

Sure, because the folks who didn't buy it never found out how much rust it really had. Memory is a funny thing; a year from now we'll be recalling that rust-free, mechanically perfect coupe that BHMC scooped up for $15K. The photos of bubbling paint will be erased from our memories.

The one person who WILL be kicking himself will be the one who pays BHMC $25K for a car they could have gotten for $15K the week before!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, I'm sure BHCC and Googout have some bots that scour California for E9s as they seem to scoop them up usually faster than when we finally discover them.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why BHCC is the enemy on this one. Chris had it listed for four months. BHCC gets coupes because they don't kick tires and they don't complain about rust. They mean business. They will in turn spend more time and money properly staging and advertising the car, and they will gain from it. It is a win win in my opinion. It sucks if they scoop up a car on day one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The '69 2800 CS was for sale for several days. Plenty of time for your average craigslister to putz around and hum and haw. They came with cash and a tow truck. You can hate on them for marking up the price without investing in the car, but they are also paying for web space, sales staff, and a brick and mortar location. I honestly have nothing against BHCC. The coupes that they offer regularly land here first so the chance is there for the legacy forum members or proactive coupe hunters to pounce at a lower price.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why BHCC is the enemy on this one. Chris had it listed for four months. BHCC gets coupes because they don't kick tires and they don't complain about rust. They mean business. They will in turn spend more time and money properly staging and advertising the car, and they will gain from it. It is a win win in my opinion. It sucks if they scoop up a car on day one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The '69 2800 CS was for sale for several days. Plenty of time for your average craigslister to putz around and hum and haw. They came with cash and a tow truck. You can hate on them for marking up the price without investing in the car, but they are also paying for web space, sales staff, and a brick and mortar location. I honestly have nothing against BHCC. The coupes that they offer regularly land here first so the chance is there for the legacy forum members or proactive coupe hunters to pounce at a lower price.

I concur. If you're serious about looking for an E9 for a good deal, you have to be ON YOUR TOES and EYES WIDE OPEN constantly, otherwise you'll pay more from a flipper/re-seller.

E9s are hot and unfortunately, that means good deals are getting further and few between.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just looked at the '73 240Z they are selling.
Plenty of photos, inside, outside, under, every which way. Assuming they sell all their cars with the same photo shoot I concur with Markos and teahead. And the cracked concrete studio floor is becoming an acquired taste.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you get a chance stop by his showroom warehouse. I’ve been there . It is one of the biggest I have seen. He has tons of cars. Most of what he has is lower grade cars category 3 and 4. He has a good size crew that all they Do is clean up and grease shine the cars that to most eyes are plain junk... However he advertises everywhere and he has built a good customer base oversees. Alex the owner does all the buying and pricing. He is rarely there since he is constantly after a hunt. I respect the man he has a nitch and it’s working for him.
I agree with Marcos 100%.
Cheers and happy holidays !

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
The Hemmings ad said:
An excellent original California car which mechanically sound. For $28,500 USD

Perhaps an OK deal at $28.5K, but "excellent"?

26596-2530952449547c2c1d88945c4e119f9a.jpg

26597-92d3f48496dea57f52317edb46a77744.jpg

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
wasnt aware that it had a salvage title, that can hurt but he probably expects to sell it overseas where salvage title does not matter to the buyer.