72 csi on BaT in Leipzig

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
didn't see this one posted. long way away

Tim M

Reaction score
I'm not sure maybe it's the lighting but it doesn't look Nachtblua to me? Nice looking car and bare metal paint is a plus.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure maybe it's the lighting but it doesn't look Nachtblua to me? Nice looking car and bare metal paint is a plus.
I think it's the saturation setting or color filter on to the primary selling photos. Those look very...intense blue for nachtblau. But when you look at photos 13-18, those look more like the nachtblau that originally came on my car. Serious bidders will certainly ask which is closer to "reality."

byron77

Reaction score
If the 'BG' registration plates of other cars in the bodyshop photos are representative of location then the body work was done in Bergamo, north-western Italy, in the Alpine foothills near the Swiss border...not exactly a super dry climate

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If the 'BG' registration plates of other cars in the bodyshop photos are representative of location then the body work was done in Bergamo, north-western Italy, in the Alpine foothills near the Swiss border...not exactly a super dry climate
and the bare metal plus engine work seem to have been done around 1992-1993 based on the sports page of the newspaper below the engine block...

m5toureg

Reaction score
Seller claims to be an E9 club member (does that qualify for anything ?)
and at the same time ,assuming’ that the ,special’ A/C retrofit might be
Euro standard for these cars…..?? ,let me down easy’…
Some parts look nice, others not….dash-board wood-work looks terrible (to me )…

Christoph

Reaction score
Must admit the most interesting thing for me about this car is the Türkis E3 nearby (pics 13-17).

The argument Italian cars are rust-free because of the climate works only with people who don't know most BMW went to the wealthier regions in the North where it can be quite cold and wet at times. Bergamo might be right, the Alfetta (a classic, even with the ugly plastic bumpers) has that licence plate. The sticker in the rear window (pic 17) says "Bergauto", a BMW dealer in Bergamo.
I'd like to know who "Auto-Schroeder" are. It's in the names of many picture files. Unfortunately, "Schröder" or "Schroeder" is one of the more common names in Germany.
Who told the seller LSD was a CSL only option? Probably not the president of the BMW Coupé-Club (E9 club). He is a learned gentleman and certainly knows better.

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
I realize this is total noob question, but what's the difference in rear windows between this car and the Jade one also listed? Why do the Nachtblua's go down all the way and the Jade's don't? I've searched on here but can't find anything.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.07.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.09.53 AM.png

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
They be adjusted by moving the stops on the regulators, just remove door and quarter panels.
Thanks @HB Chris - I searched adjust rear window stops, but still didn’t find a related post on how to do that. Can you point me to one or suggest some alternate words to search? I’m also interested in pros/cons of adjusting the stops if that exists.

Pafagt

Reaction score
Wow is correct. What is going on with E9s? This car was nice but not a $180 K car. Or am I missing something?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This sale shows how uneven the pricing can be. @offpage, you got 90 percent of the fun of this car for 40 percent of the price! Yes, a csi is rare to find in good shape here in the USA, but the price premium for this good, but not great car, without AC, is nuts.