72 CSI restoration by Oldenzaal

MD4E9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good day everyone. I am new to the forum and I have enjoyed learning. I am commissioning a full restoration by Oldenzaal classics in the Netherlands for a full restoration from bare metal. Does anyone have a car from them??

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, that’s exciting, best wishes and I hope you can share photos along the way. I would be interested to know if you also considered The Werk Shop, being local to you is a big plus so you can see it in person and speak directly with the restorers as it goes along.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, that’s exciting, best wishes and I hope you can share photos along the way. I would be interested to know if you also considered The Werk Shop, being local to you is a big plus so you can see it in person and speak directly with the restorers as it goes along.
Talk to "William Tell" on this board. He knows quite a bit about Oldenzaal. What I have seen of their work is impressive. Take a look at the dark blue 2000CS.

Steve

MD4E9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I did think of the werk shop and I will likely bring the car there in the future for servicing etc. Oldenzaal found a garage find 60K miles, numbers matching so I couldn’t resist.

MD4E9

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will check him out! Thanks for the reference

Talk to "William Tell" on this board. He knows quite a bit about Oldenzaal. What I have seen of their work is impressive. Take a look at the dark blue 2000CS.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
MD, the 2000CS they did was fully documented, a beautiful final result I felt. The asking price was around $50,000. Perhaps it was the 2000CS designation that held the price down. I can't imagine The Werk Shop doing it for that price. A buddy had them do his very poor condition 2800CS over a period of about two years. He does not talk cost, but I figure $75,000. minimum for the job.

Keep us up to date.

MD4E9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Will do! It wasn’t cheap so I hope all goes well

QUOTE="CSteve, post: 287288, member: 739"]
MD, the 2000CS they did was fully documented, a beautiful final result I felt. The asking price was around $50,000. Perhaps it was the 2000CS designation that held the price down. I can't imagine The Werk Shop doing it for that price. A buddy had them do his very poor condition 2800CS over a period of about two years. He does not talk cost, but I figure $75,000. minimum for the job.

Keep us up to date.
[/QUOTE]

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I did think of the werk shop and I will likely bring the car there in the future for servicing etc. Oldenzaal found a garage find 60K miles, numbers matching so I couldn’t resist.
Oh I see, Oldenzaal sourced the car, makes perfect sense. Very exciting project, please share progress updates!

michelk

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello
I can say that it is always nice and correct
To do something, over the last 15 years
whit the owner Bullent