72 CSL on BAT -wow!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
let's hope the new buyer joins the group here. Can help him/her correct a lot on the car to make it someday a $200k car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
let's hope the new buyer joins the group here. Can help him/her correct a lot on the car to make it someday a $200k car.

I hope so also. It’s a nice car and all of the things that it “needs” are available and relatively low cost.

I think I’m going to abstain from commenting on the next auction. Maybe read the comments after close.

tightbox

Reaction score
Buyer has extensive BMW/M car experience, and certainly knew what he was buying. I shudder to think what he might have picked this up for if the other bidder hadn’t decided to jump in on a whim. I hope BAT figures out a way to mute the relentless uninformed armchair critics.

I’m not sure if the lucky buyer will show up here, but judging by the stable he plays with, this one will not be neglected!

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I give BAT a lot of credit for what they've built but so many comments are clueless...for that reason I rarely visit the site.

This was a cool car and the things that are "wrong" look easily fixed.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I give BAT a lot of credit for what they've built but so many comments are clueless...for that reason I rarely visit the site.

This was a cool car and the things that are "wrong" look easily fixed.

Agree, I comment often on BaT , but only on cars like the ones I own or used to own. I wish others would do the same. But there are some great and knowledgeable folks on the site, like Ed Levin (aka, EdL, Lancia and anything Italian), Mike Baum (aka MBaum, ditto), David Eichenbaum (deichenb, Italian), plus all the guys from our group who worked to dispel the BS on this CSL. In the end, the seller got a good price and did not lose 15 percent to a brick and mortar auction house. Buyer's premium amounted to 3.125% of the sale price. And sellers premium is negligible at 99 bucks.