72 Polaris/Red CSI 5 speed AC

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Real estate! I have some land in the Everglades that's prime for development! It's a bit soggy at times and alligators may steal your mail but it's a hard asset primed to skyrocket in value! ;)

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can I recommend you take some additional professional pictures with even lighting and proper metering/white balance?

I know this color combo pops, but the pictures aren’t showcasing this car fully. If you don’t have a DSLR, please hire someone local for a few hundred bucks, and I’ll guarantee it’s worth the extra investment.

Look at the traction and results seller “911r” gets on BAT with his auctions. The BAT platform is tailor made for the extremely visual instagram generation to fall in love online and place impassioned bids.
Agreed on the importance of good photos.

I don't know if anybody saw the auction for a 2012 Lexus LFA that ended yesterday (I think). It was bid to $1,225,000 and didn't make reserve! Anyway, the pictures were really poor. Sometimes the car appeared orange, sometimes yellow. Many of the interior pics were blown out while under-the-hood shots were murky. I just don't understand how somebody hoping to get north of $1.2 million dollars doesn't pay somebody to take really good pics.

There was speculation about whether inflation was dampening the bidding for that auction as well. I doubt that people shelling out $1 million, or even $150,000 for a collectors item or a toy are particularly concerned with inflation or the price of gas for that matter. I'd expect a stock market crash or real estate collapse to have a far more deleterious impact on auction prices.

I'm curious why the rear shocks are red if they're Bilsteins? Beautiful car no matter what.

GLWA

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed on the importance of good photos.

I don't know if anybody saw the auction for a 2012 Lexus LFA that ended yesterday (I think). It was bid to $1,225,000 and didn't make reserve! Anyway, the pictures were really poor. Sometimes the car appeared orange, sometimes yellow. Many of the interior pics were blown out while under-the-hood shots were murky. I just don't understand how somebody hoping to get north of $1.2 million dollars doesn't pay somebody to take really good pics.

There was speculation about whether inflation was dampening the bidding for that auction as well. I doubt that people shelling out $1 million, or even $150,000 for a collectors item or a toy are particularly concerned with inflation or the price of gas for that matter. I'd expect a stock market crash or real estate collapse to have a far more deleterious impact on auction prices.

I'm curious why the rear shocks are red if they're Bilsteins? Beautiful car no matter what.

GLWA
Well, if you take the jaundiced view, he just got hyper-targeted, world-wide advertising for a extremely rare vehicle for $99.

And BaT got exposure to the high - dollar collector car buyers market and a bunch of new traffic.

Perhaps the intent wasn't to really sell the car? ;)

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, if you take the jaundiced view, he just got hyper-targeted, world-wide advertising for a extremely rare vehicle for $99.

And BaT got exposure to the high - dollar collector car buyers market and a bunch of new traffic.

Perhaps the intent wasn't to really sell the car? ;)
Ahh, mutually beneficial "auction." Good point. Didn't think of that, which is probably just one of many reasons why I don't have the clams to buy a $1 million dollar car that will never be driven.

Although it still seems like better pictures would have helped even if the intent wasn't to sell. $1000 photo shoot would still be < .001% of the car's value.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Noted the comment about the bumper, - which looks fine from most photographed angles btw, and, unless I'm mistaken, also noticed that it appears that there's a missing slat in the nose grille.

Maybe you have a slat sitting in the corner that might find it's way back in by the time someone else sees it?

When a coupe looks better than new like yours does, the tiny details are devilishly noticeable. This car should reach the high end of the market. The red leather is perfect.
Missing Slat found and back where it belongs.

Attachments

• 79CD610D-F121-4054-9AAB-0DE2D07911EF.png
    79CD610D-F121-4054-9AAB-0DE2D07911EF.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

2002turbo

Reaction score
Seems to be trending to a strong finish so I hope I am wrong about the collector car market.

And yes, there is a huge dilemma at the moment as to where to put your money (assuming you have any after covid etc). Real estate, stocks, bonds all tanking in the USA. Europe not looking great either. Normally in these conditions you would go for cash but inflation makes that a loser as well.

Speaking of the Everglades, I am looking at a ranch in Botswana.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I noticed you added a photo of your toolkit. Looks amazing, but I believe you are missing the large open wrench in the photo(there should be 3). It’s supposed to be in the open spot that’s on a 45 degree angle roughly in center of the kit. That’s where mine is located. Posting my thoughts here so it doesn’t reflect negatively on your amazing coupe in the BAT auction. Good luck!

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
@Rex Kapriellian -The market collapse may hold this back from reaching top dollar. And the fed is going to announce today with an expected 75 basis pt hike. Best of luck...
It didn’t help. A bit disappointing, but out of my control.

BAT locked me out last minute to leave a note, but I’m sure they can find me if someone is interested.
Thanks again for all the support.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Real estate! I have some land in the Everglades that's prime for development! It's a bit soggy at times and alligators may steal your mail but it's a hard asset primed to skyrocket in value! ;)
might soon be beachfront property ... the salt water will remove the alligators and you will be sitting prime.

shahabsajadian

Reaction score
I’m thinking of selling the coupe this spring (again), I don’t have a price yet, but I would entertain good/fair offers.
Here’s a few pics of the car, and if someone is interested I can spam you with more on text. Oh and the Colorado can go as a set :).
Hi Rex, Is your car still available? Many thanks

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"Consumer confidence falls to the lowest level in ...." bad for discretionary purchases
"Inflation came in much higher than expected.." good for hard assets

Seems these forces have opposing effects on car prices. So maybe they will stay steady?

Then there is gas ... pleasure driving is no longer pleasurable.

I think the market is going to get a lot softer on all collector cars .. the days of negative real interest rates are over. Prices may steady in dollars, but that means they are falling in real terms. Or prices may even fall in dollar terms which is harsher.
I agree with most of what you said except for the gas and pleasure driving correlation. Since most of these cars are not daily drivers, filling up with Premium every now and then doesn't deter me from taking a pleasure drive in what a lot of us consider "our babies." Does it hurt when you pay the piper? Sure, but does the smile on your face in the twisties with your baby make it all worth it? YOU BETCHA!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems to be trending to a strong finish so I hope I am wrong about the collector car market.

And yes, there is a huge dilemma at the moment as to where to put your money (assuming you have any after covid etc). Real estate, stocks, bonds all tanking in the USA. Europe not looking great either. Normally in these conditions you would go for cash but inflation makes that a loser as well.

Speaking of the Everglades, I am looking at a ranch in Botswana.
I hope you are correct about the collector car market. Like the stock market, there are bargains still out there even though it has been getting slaughtered as of late, really nowhere to hide and I don't l like to short or buy puts. Real estate getting tough due to interest rates, better to wait for that market to implode to be a buyer. All this is just my humble opinion but I do follow on a macro level pretty intently. My thoughts are Japan will fall first, then the EU. The EU is a complete S-show (the frog is in already in the pot and turning up the heat slowly on itself). The dollar is up but only because it is still the best of the bad bunch.

RE: Botswana - interesting.......my good family friends growing up used to go there every year to hunt big game. Looks amazing but not sure I have the huevos to make such a move. And regarding the big game hunting, I am not for that at all unless you eat or feed entire tribes with the kill wherever you hunt. Some of what they shot just got mounted and their life was not in danger when they shot the animal; I'm not for that kind of hunting so I never went with. And I'm not saying that is something you would do either. But......supposedly the money they spend on the tags goes to preserve the herds, etc. Not sure if much of that money really did what they were told it would do. I'm sure it greased the local politicians pockets more than it helped the animals. Anyhow, subject for discussion outside of a car forum I guess...LOL. Show us some pics of the property sometime if you buy. Good luck!