72 Polaris/Red CSI 5 speed AC

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What's awesome is that for a grey market car, it's already registered in CA, so no worries there!

Bosozoku

Reaction score
about a month ago..probably on a saturday i was in Long Beach drinking a coffee at Philz Coffee. i think i saw this car drive down 2nd street.... if it was it was very nice

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I didn’t know you could use a four speed bell housing with the five speed, I just noticed the early clutch slave.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Noted the comment about the bumper, - which looks fine from most photographed angles btw, and, unless I'm mistaken, also noticed that it appears that there's a missing slat in the nose grille.

Maybe you have a slat sitting in the corner that might find it's way back in by the time someone else sees it?

When a coupe looks better than new like yours does, the tiny details are devilishly noticeable. This car should reach the high end of the market. The red leather is perfect.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Noted the comment about the bumper, - which looks fine from most photographed angles btw, and, unless I'm mistaken, also noticed that it appears that there's a missing slat in the nose grille.

Maybe you have a slat sitting in the corner that might find it's way back in by the time someone else sees it?

When a coupe looks better than new like yours does, the tiny details are devilishly noticeable. This car should reach the high end of the market. The red leather is perfect.
Hi Erik,

You are right, ooof, that’s like a missing teeth on a supermodel. I’ll need to dig into my pile when I get back in town. I vaguely recall one of them was loose. Totally missed it.

Thank you!!

tightbox

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful - the passion and dedication that went into this coupe is evident!

Direct link for those reading the thread:

Can I recommend you take some additional professional pictures with even lighting and proper metering/white balance?

I know this color combo pops, but the pictures aren’t showcasing this car fully. If you don’t have a DSLR, please hire someone local for a few hundred bucks, and I’ll guarantee it’s worth the extra investment.

Look at the traction and results seller “911r” gets on BAT with his auctions. The BAT platform is tailor made for the extremely visual instagram generation to fall in love online and place impassioned bids.

I wish I was local - I’d offer to take more pictures for free just to be in the presence of this coupe and take in all the little details!!!

GLWA

2002turbo

Reaction score
"Consumer confidence falls to the lowest level in ...." bad for discretionary purchases
"Inflation came in much higher than expected.." good for hard assets

Seems these forces have opposing effects on car prices. So maybe they will stay steady?

Then there is gas ... pleasure driving is no longer pleasurable.

I think the market is going to get a lot softer on all collector cars .. the days of negative real interest rates are over. Prices may steady in dollars, but that means they are falling in real terms. Or prices may even fall in dollar terms which is harsher.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"Consumer confidence falls to the lowest level in ...." bad for discretionary purchases
"Inflation came in much higher than expected.." good for hard assets

Seems these forces have opposing effects on car prices. So maybe they will stay steady?

Then there is gas ... pleasure driving is no longer pleasurable.

I think the market is going to get a lot softer on all collector cars .. the days of negative real interest rates are over. Prices may steady in dollars, but that means they are falling in real terms. Or prices may even fall in dollar terms which is harsher.

Not so sure.

Money in your savings account(s) is being hit w/inflation. Might as well spend it on a collectible.