73 3.0cs - chamonix w/ m90 - Houston

John-T

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mr. Allen speaks highly of you as well, @sfdon. :)

As the new owner of this excellent 3.0 CS I am very excited to take delivery and be a part of this community. Lewis was kind enough to return my call and spend 30 minutes on the phone giving me the ENTIRE history of this vehicle. I will be owner #8 and hopefully it's last before passing it along to my son. By then I hope it is 100 years old and they still sell gas or some other synthetic fuel.

Based on what Lewis told me and all the other conversations I have had with people who have seen or worked on this car I think I lucked into a real gem here. Could not be more turnkey.

I'm sure I'll have questions and will be reaching out on this forum.

I'm located in the Sacramento region and hope to meet up with any and all other e9 owners in my area.

First order of business is finding a reputable shop in my area that will carry on the the excellent care and attention that Lewis at Munich Motorwerkes has afforded this car for the last 40 years! I feel like I'm not buying a vehicle so much as a piece of history.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Its gorgeous!
You saved yourself a couple of years of headaches restoring a car. (not to mention the friction to the upper leadership!). lol

Enjoy it

John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
WELCOME and congrats on the purchase ... very nice looking coupe that seems to have been well cared for. excellent purchase

shanon

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome.

There are a few of us E9ers in the greater Sac/NorCal area, and yes we liked to go out and 'play' and let the trumpets 'sing' ;)

Feel free to drop a line when ya get settled in.

-s

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
169 hp at rear wheels ... doesn't seem that impressive. as i remember, stock would have been 200hp / 205hp at the crank.
A stock M90 with L-Jet makes 218 hp. I wonder a bit about the description in the BAT ad. The M90 was never sold in the US, so a "Euro spec" cam is just the stock cam.. Unless someone changed it to something else... Maybe a racing M49 cam? In addition, the stock M90 has a 9.4 CR, so already fairly high, and the pistons come up flat to the top of the block. The only way to go higher would be an M88 or S38 piston which has some added material on the top the piston. Not sure the M90 head would accept that. The difference between the M90 and the M88/S38 is primarily the DOHC head, a dual row timing chains nd a few other peripherals..

The M88 runs a CR of 10:1. Even at 9.4 it is hard to run the engine on 91 octane gas.I used to spike my gas with Toluene to juice it upwards of 97-98. Either that or find racing gas.

I suspect the relatively low power comes from the lack of intake tubes and the carb conversion.