73 BAT Black

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Boring an old block an adding boost, without getting wall thickness checked imo is a recipe for a bad time.

The layout and thought process on a few things would have me quite worried. The throttle body piping looks like its been modified by someone with no grasp of basic airflow

uwulff

Reaction score
You would be right on a natural aspirated engine ,but on a turbo engine we are controlling the psi going in because if you don't you could put 25psi in when all the engine can handle is 14psi.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
You would be right on a natural aspirated engine ,but on a turbo engine we are controlling the psi going in because if you don't you could put 25psi in when all the engine can handle is 14psi.

There's a 40mm Tial wastegate there capable of handling more than enough exhaust gases to limit boost??

uwulff

Reaction score
Ok, the one that I used, was 43 mm ,not sure what that has to do with anything other that it has to big enough to control boost.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
D9DA08F9-E353-4E3F-8FFD-0693A90B0CCC.jpeg
Or the adjustable factory bmw 745i wastegates that I make!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
$78k I think, seller should take it.

Interior a bit funky, that chin spoiler, and those floor pans does not make a $100k+ car IMHO.

Would be a riot to drive though.

uwulff

Reaction score
The floor pans were tig welded in and are 100% Like I said 17 years of ownership never had one bad comet about spoiler.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Reserve not met at 78k? Lol.

I swear bat shill bids cars then hopes for a buyer last minute.

If that was mine I would’ve taken 50 or even 45 for it.

uwulff

Reaction score
Years ago we were discussing a clone bat-mobile that sold for 150k and we all agreed, did the bidder not get that it was a clone.

Last edited:

Bavman

Reaction score
The picture of the underside....something leaking pretty bad....BAT, not sure I believe many of the sales....

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
The picture of the underside....something leaking pretty bad....BAT, not sure I believe many of the sales....

Not sure what you mean about believing many of the sales, do you mean you don't believe they really happened/happen?