Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 255

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I pulled a craigslist move and offered $1,500 "cash". He said no thanks, and that he has turned down larger offers.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone buys this CSi for parts I'm interested in the front door wood and the 2 piece rear Roundel. Wonder if the D-Jet wiring is any good.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm proposing we pool $3k together and have a local in WA grab this beast for parts. We'll send scotch/bourbon/whatever and pizza for the trouble. Worth it, especially for interior stuff - I'm putting dibs on the sunroof front piece for the headliner. And the handle cup! If the ECU and main harnesses to it are in working condition you're already ahead. D-Jet parts are really hard to get - ask me how I know. Oh and I want trunk cladding if there's any!

My .09 cents

Jeff

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm interested in the seats and dashboard. Also, the bumpers. I'm a carbed ,71 so I don't need any of the engine stuff. I'd throw down $1,000, part it out, photograph, catalog, and ship.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd be in for some d-jet stuff if available. Espec aibox and MPS if look OK. Looks like has AC console pieces, so however much of that is OK. Can put on an appropriate amnt up front.Thanks for being on the ball guys! Paul

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay I emailed the seller (that I insulted :)). I don't have a sunroof, and don't have/want AC. I don't really need the tails, the grill, the headlights, or the body. I could use some chrome. I don't need things like the shifter bezel or any tunk lining.

I asked for detailed pics. My guess is that the car disappears this weekend. Bought by someone with a lot of dreams and little knowledge of the structural issues. Gosh I sound like the folks that warned me not to buy my current e9!

Lastly, I call dibs on the free slap in the face!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My guess is that the car disappears this weekend. Bought by someone with a lot of dreams and little knowledge of the structural issues. Gosh I sound like the folks that warned me not to buy my current e9!

Well perhaps the collective wisdom is seeping in, as my theory was spot on. By chance I ran into the new owner of this car. The vehicle isn't listed for sale, but he doesn't have the time to take this project on. It's eating into his shop space. I'm not sure that he's done any metal fabrication before.

This isn't the silver CS from Washington with the fake Ebay sale of $8K. I guarantee that car is still sitting in the owner's garage.

So I'm considering this car once again. I would buy it if it isn't worth saving and I can break even on parts. Basically, I would subtract fair market value for the parts that I want (mainly the dashboard, setbelts, rear bumper, front suspension), and try to capture money back with the remainder.

Per this thread, there was some interest in the headliner, and the D-Jet parts, rear badge. My post in the general section valued the D-Jet lot at $1,000 to $1,500 (without seeing these sad pics). Someone local is interested in the rear axle/brake setup.

I have the means to ship the windshield since I have one sitting in a box already. I could attempt the same with the rear glass. The doors appear to be in decent shape, and member in Oregon is looking for a pair (I spy some upper bubbling in one pic).

I'm going to try to take a look this evening. I'll keep you posted. Does anyone want a cheap club-racer shell?

23993490519_eb3e4829c7_b.jpg