'73 CSL @ RM / Sotheby's (#2275432)

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd love to hear what the peanut gallery here has to say. Too bad about the seats, intake runners, chewed up steering wheel, and what looks like a replacement block. But the estimate reflects that.

@72/E9, although I live in FL now for job reasons, I grew up in Richmond (west end), and still have lots of friends and family there. Hope to be spending more time there as my working life here winds down. Driving out River Road to Route 6 west and then out Route 6 was one of my favorite drives.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love the expression "fastidious maintenance".
Unclear on who owns it now and why sold from Italy.
The shiny engine treatment is not for me. The outside looks are great.
No word on how it drives...

PS: SFDon gave me a ton of grief when I had that parking brake handle. For extra drama he threw it in the garbage.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have not seen a shift lever that far back in a center console. Is that where the first gear should be?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is actually a BAT and not an injected CSL by the description. Nice looking car but a lot of little things to put right and wrong motor by the sounds of it. You'd think for that money they would have fixed the steering wheel and found a correct horn button..

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have not seen a shift lever that far back in a center console. Is that where the first gear should be?
It's a 265/5 dogleg. Having said that it does look pretty far back.

The price range seems to consider its tenous relationship with being factory correct. Assuming the chassis is rust free.

In 1980 had to replace full body panels?! Imagine spending the premium for a CSL and having to restore the chassis 6 years later? Yikes!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That positive battery terminal fitting next to the voltage regulator sort of takes your breath away.
29AD10D5-B344-4109-BE91-E98AB57DD6BE.png