73 green e9 BAT

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Orange peel or perhaps not clearing off glue before painting? The sound insulation and glue used in these cars is tough stuff. I bet a coupe or two out there is still standing because the glue and insulation is holding it together.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sold at $27,000. This shocks me. Was this a bargain of the century? Why not?

1. Very poor timing of the sale. A Sub $35K play toy is catering to a demographic that has money to spend elsewhere during the holidays.

2. The dealer did a poor job on the undercarriage and it screams polished turd. The paint job is a newer 10’er, but isn’t being presented as such.

I think that honesty and transparency goes really far when selling stuff. Perhaps not as far as dishonesty - but the former is certainly more sustainable for enthusiasts that want to continue to participate in the community.

I would have much preferred to see flaking undercoating, and surface rust on the suspension components, and more transparency.

Last edited:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
1. Very poor timing of the sale. A Sub $35K play toy is catering to a demographic that has money to spend elsewhere during the holidays.
2. The dealer did a poor job on the undercarriage and it screams polished turd. The paint job is a newer 10’er, but isn’t being presented as such.
I think that honesty and transparency goes really far when selling stuff. Perhaps not as far as dishonesty - but the former is certainly more sustainable for enthusiasts that want to continue to participate in the community.
I would have much preferred to see flaking undercoating, and surface rust on the suspension components, and more transparency.
We forget that E9's are at the lower value range of BaT offerings. They move hundreds of cars some very expensive and then the little E9 niche creeps in there and as vocal as some of us are there, just cannot stir up interest in everything.
Good to see that, in general, youse guys don't think that green car was worth 27k. I feel amongst friends again. o_O

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Timing.

Who has time this time of year to do a PPI? Which really, all E9s should have.

And of course, money for gifts, etc.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As I said before, this was a restoration candidate. $27K is strong money for an E9 in that condition. Sure the dealer wants more money, this one is not a high dollar E9 any time of year.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris and others ... you are spot-on ... timing is horrible ... but this was not a great coupe, especially if the seller was hoping to get 35k+