73 malaga on BaT

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay - same seller as the inka ... got the popcorn ready to see how this one comes out.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Takes chutzpah to claim fuel lines were replaced when they are obviously rotten.

Attachments

• D9883769-8220-4487-9FF2-C3A714C37351.png
    D9883769-8220-4487-9FF2-C3A714C37351.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 156

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The buyer of this Coupe needs to complete the deal by also buying this 2002Tii on BaT

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am refraining on commenting on the Malaga car this guy has. His opening the auction showing you have a chip on your shoulder and an attitude to match is not help buyers feel good about an online auction....

But who knows - He may get what the reserve is as this appears to be a nicer car than his earlier offering...

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
He must have meant the fuel in the lines were replaced.
Also "replaced" is kind of vague. For example "The tires (2019 Pirelli Cinturato CN36s) were replaced prior to listing with tires showing 2020 date codes (from some unknown and not particularly round Chinese brand)." Or "Fuel lines replaced with semi-crappy ones that were on the next E9 I'm going to try and sell on BAT. Look here's a picture of that one."

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
surprisingly this one is currently at 95k with about 9 hours to go. my guess is still RNM. M5bb, Patton + I talked about this one last night when we got together for a little german food + beer. (mmmm, beer)
Great German bier at Kurt's German Restaurant. One of my favs. It was fun.
This car and owner are in Atlanta but haven't met him. A dealer evidently. Inka car was in a shop I know and told owner/friend to tell guy about other owners with E9 and my group BMW Classics of Georgia. Never heard from him?

Gary

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
4 hours later, no change in the bids. will see what happens. it has bids of more than i expected. don't think this is a $100k car

not a huge fan of the wheels ... and 10+ pictures of the wheels / tires doesn't change that.
a lot of little things like missing the long door trim, no plastic door handle insert. seat recovering is a little sloppy. you gotta love the black on top of the inner fenders in the engine compartment.
on a positive note, at least it has a petri

curiosity, why is the VIN stamped on the trunk lock panel?

m5toureg

Reaction score
VIN 2260 250 - 3.0 CSi - 1972
registered in Sweden April 9th 1976
owner changes 05/2014, 06/2015, 07/2015 -
export registered on Dec. 19th 2016 -
(fyi > the swedish central car registry is a public record)

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
SURPRISE SURPRISE - reserve not met. and he posted a picture of the next coupe he is going to sell. its ceylon. color looks a bit off.

m5toureg

Reaction score
curiosity, why is the VIN stamped on the trunk lock panel?
it was a mandatory requirement at the time (1976) for cars being imported to Sweden,
to have the VIN attached to or stamped into the body shelf somewhere in the rear
of the vehicle -
factory/authorized dealer imports of ,new’ vehicles had a different solution -
1629330367995.jpeg

sorry, hard to see, but just now, I can not find a better picture……
it is a small plate attached to the middle of the upper edge of the trunk, just below
the tool box in this picture….

Last edited: