73 POLARIS E3 BUILD...Slowly..

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pastellblau. Just looked at a 2002 painted that color on a website I have saved. It is not sexy, it does not pop. Rather it is soft on the eyes and shows off the curves and the lines of a Bavaria to its best advantage. I don't know if BMW ever did a Bavaria in Pastell. They should have.

Steve

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I do love Pastellblau on the 02s...I feel like it's too light for a Bavaria, though.. I wish I could find a color I could keep my blue interior, as it's in great shape..I wonder how blue seats with black carpet would look?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you want a nice metallic blue BMW color - look at stratos blue. this is an e21 that @eastsideM3 painted and sold on BaT. gorgeous color

1711593461168.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stratos Blue is amazing. Looks like metalic Pastellblau but a shade or two darker with a bit od bling. And it is an early BMW color. What more could you ask for?

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh wow, that’s gorgeous. I may have to get a half pint to see how it looks..I was hoping to avoid spraying a metallic, since I’ll be painting some parts separately..that makes it near impossible to match..but that is sweeet looking

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh wow, that’s gorgeous. I may have to get a half pint to see how it looks..I was hoping to avoid spraying a metallic, since I’ll be painting some parts separately..that makes it near impossible to match..but that is sweeet looking
send a PM to @eastsideM3 and ask him who made the paint. the car was painted in the last 6 months so it is recent. there is another 323i on BaT right now, it says its stratos blue, but it looks much different.