73 rusty coupe for $15K in Sacramento

jmackro

Reaction score
The write-up is actually quite hilarious. I can't tell if the author is a comic genius, or delusional. Here it is:

Needs just a little work but you can own this Beauty and restore it to its original elegance.
If you've got the time and money, this is the car for you. The car has most of its parts. It starts up when I use starter fluid which is a major plus.
Now, you can finally own a piece of automobile history. This car was voted one of the 25 most beautiful cars in the world.
Be the envy of all your neighbors.
With just a little work, you could park this baby in your driveway and enjoy it for years to come.
My sister and I have decided to part with it because we don't have the time to perform the small amount of restoration it needs.
Fifteen thousand dollars and that's firm. Sorry. It's less than the price of a Hyundai.
No tire kickers please. Serious inquiries only.
If people start offering more than 15,000, I will throw in 2 extra tires and rims from the original owner.
I have more photos that I'll post in a couple of days if it doesn't sell but I imagine it will. Jay Lenos people will probably catch wind of the sale and swoop it up before others even have a chance to see it.
If you are outside of the US, you are responsible for shipping. I can arrange for shipping to Monaco, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, or wherever you please but you must pay for it first.

Well, there is one bit of truth in the write-up: "With just a little work, you could park this baby in your driveway". He's right about that; however, if you actually want to drive it, it would take a LOT of work!

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller is an e9coupe.com member. He seemed to be serious about the price, which is a little hard to believe. I asked if the price was suppose to be $1500 and he said "fifteen thousand is written in the ad". Yep, I guess that didn't register with me when I read it.

acat2002

Reaction score
I nominated the ad for "Best of Craiglist" (bottom of small box where you "flag")
If I had more time, I'd email this guy and offer him a few leftover Dominican pesos that I have in my desk drawer from a trip to Casa-de-Campo a few years back. I'd be willing to offer a handful of lint from my jeans pocket as well if the car actually started.

The same type of dillusional personality as 200lb women who insist on wearing a bikini because "they look so hot".

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Entertaining!

I like this line from the Update;

'Yes, that is a rare trapezoidal mirror and there is one on the drivers side.'

Pretty sure those are power mirrors - which, I guess, could be considered rare.

chicane

Reaction score
Now THAT is a $30K coupe... LOL.
We should provide the owner a link to this thread so that he might get a clue.

The more I read this ad the funnier it is:

Needs just a little work but you can own this Beauty and restore it to its original elegance.

Just a little work, that's it.

If you've got the time and money, this is the car for you. The car has most of its parts. It starts up when I use starter fluid which is a major plus.

If you've got LOTS of time and LOTS of money this car is definitely for you.

Be the envy of all your neighbors.

If your neighbors live in Kabul.

With just a little work, you could park this baby in your driveway and enjoy it for years to come.

I can see this guy doesn't do many restorations.

My sister and I have decided to part with it because we don't have the time to perform the small amount of restoration it needs.

Definitely NOT the No-spin zone...

Fifteen thousand dollars and that's firm. Sorry. It's less than the price of a Hyundai.

I'll take the Hyundai.

No tire kickers please. Serious inquiries only.

It comes with tires?

If people start offering more than 15,000, I will throw in 2 extra tires and rims from the original owner.

WHAT A DEAL!!!

I have more photos that I'll post in a couple of days if it doesn't sell but I imagine it will. Jay Lenos people will probably catch wind of the sale and swoop it up before others even have a chance to see it.

Yeah I'm sure Leno would love to have this POS in his driveway so as to be the envy of all his neighbors.

If you are outside of the US, you are responsible for shipping. I can arrange for shipping to Monaco, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, or wherever you please but you must pay for it first.

Don't these countries ban hazardous materials from entering their country? After re-reading this ad I'm thinking this is a joke ad.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I contacted him again and talked him down to $12k. See, I KNEW I could get him to come down from $15k. (I'm reaching around and patting myself on the back right now)

atan888

Reaction score
Seller forgot to add that 15k includes the real estate and lot that its sitting on.

qcabra

Reaction score
Hahahahahaaaa

I wrote the ad as a spoof.

It looked like things were getting a little heated on another thread so I figured it would make people laugh and lend a little perspective.

Looks like people had fun with it and that was my goal.

Thanks to all for making the forum the great resource that it is

PS
1. Chicane, I laughed out loud at some of your comments.
2. What's wrong with 200 lb. women wearing a bikini?
3. Yes, Dan did drive a hard bargain for 12k but it was too little too late

Take care

Last edited:

qcabra

Reaction score
Bernardo

Todo en la vida es posible pero nada es seguro y a veces suenos son como la vida! Como el carro.... haha