73 Turn Signal Switch Needed

Kelly

Reaction score
I have a 1973 CS and need to replace my broken turn signal/high beam switch. The only place in the states that I have found that list this on thier web-site is Mobile Traditions for $192.30. The part number is 61311363638, and I am wanting to know if there is a better place (i.e.. better price) to buy a new switch, or does anyone have a good used one they are willing to sale? If you have a used one to sale, please contact me directly. I am new to BMW cars, so if I end up going with the new part, is it best to order it through Mobile Traditions, or can it be special ordered through my local BMW dealer? I have eight BMW motorcycles ranging from 1951 to 1992, but the BMW cars are new to me. Mobile Traditions also has parts for the motorcycles, but ther are better places to source new motorcycle parts than Mobile Traditions. Although it is good to know that the Mobile Traditions option is there.
Thanks,
Kelly
[email protected]

Kelly

Reaction score
Was turn signal switch / now hi-beam switch

Sorry folks,
I am in need of the hi-beam switch on the left side of the steering column and not the turn signal switch. The part number I gave in the first post was correct for the hi-beam switch.
Kelly

bmw art car

Reaction score
Sorry folks,
I am in need of the hi-beam switch on the left side of the steering column and not the turn signal switch. The part number I gave in the first post was correct for the hi-beam switch.
Kelly

i have two different ones
one is part # 115320230338347
the other # 13529578357/61

Kelly

Reaction score
Another Part Number

I contacted Lajolla and they told me the correct part number for the dimmer switch on the left of a 1973 CS is 61-31-1-351-856. I am assuming that this is the correct number, does anyone have this part for sale? Does anyone know if either of the part numbers that "bmw art car" has are interchangeable and a direct bolt up to the 1973?

bmw art car

Reaction score
I contacted Lajolla and they told me the correct part number for the dimmer switch on the left of a 1973 CS is 61-31-1-351-856. I am assuming that this is the correct number, does anyone have this part for sale? Does anyone know if either of the part numbers that "bmw art car" has are interchangeable and a direct bolt up to the 1973?
they look like this
switches001.jpg

switches002.jpg

Kelly

Reaction score
Looks like top photo

Thanks for the photos. The arm on my switch looks like the top photo with the wire harness attached. It will be Sunday evening before I will have time to remove the old switch from the car and check on the wiring. I will let you know then if I can use this switch. Thanks again, and can you e-mail me off list with a price? Also, once I get this replaced, I will let the list know what the part number is for the replacement switch I end up using. My switch actually works, but the white plastic part that holds the arm is broke. After I remove it I might try some type of epoxy, although I don't think that would hold up very well over time.
Kelly
[email protected]

bmw art car

Reaction score
I have a 1974 euro csi and both stalks on the column are bad. Looking at pics you posted, I would need the switch shown in your top pic for the turn signal/high beam side
. Do you have one for the wiper control?
Wayne[[email protected]] or 317-439-5089]​

did you match the pat number? if you can use it then it's yours​

krz4bmrs

Reaction score
1974-euro 3.0csi turn signal switch

I pulled my switch out and it is actually part # 13501538357. This looks much like the switch in your first pic, but the wire lead is different[mine has 4 wires versus 5]. I am totally confused with all the part numbers and similarities, but subtle differences

bmw art car

Reaction score
I pulled my switch out and it is actually part # 13501538357. This looks much like the switch in your first pic, but the wire lead is different[mine has 4 wires versus 5]. I am totally confused with all the part numbers and similarities, but subtle differences

i have two more
one with the pat number# 1350152 (new)
2002selling099.jpg

2002selling098.jpg

and the other #1352958 (used)
2002selling100.jpg

2002selling096.jpg

krz4bmrs

Reaction score
switches

Do you have a price in mind for the switch that ends in 1350153? I am checking the other part number to see if it will work for me

bmw art car

Reaction score
Do you have a price in mind for the switch that ends in 1350153? I am checking the other part number to see if it will work for me

i don't know...
turnsignal switch on realoem is $267.56
and on pelican parts.com it is $480.75
but i would consider an offer. but like i said it's a NOS part

krz4bmrs

Reaction score
does the switch with part # 130153 have the little knob on the end that pushes in and out? It also should have a little outline of a windshield/wiper on the end. It appears that that switch is the turn signal/wiper washer control for a pre-1973 car. That is what I need because I found out yesterday that my car was actually a 1972 that was exported to Italy when new. When it came to the states in 1974 it was titled as a 1974 for some reason.
The LEFT side stalk I need[DIP control is part # 6131135367 with the stamp on the part itself being 1350152

bmw art car

Reaction score
yes it is that one... see here?

2002selling105.jpg

does the switch with part # 130153 have the little knob on the end that pushes in and out? It also should have a little outline of a windshield/wiper on the end. It appears that that switch is the turn signal/wiper washer control for a pre-1973 car. That is what I need because I found out yesterday that my car was actually a 1972 that was exported to Italy when new. When it came to the states in 1974 it was titled as a 1974 for some reason.
The LEFT side stalk I need[DIP control is part # 6131135367 with the stamp on the part itself being 1350152

krz4bmrs

Reaction score
3.0csi switch

looking at the switch/stalk can you tell me what the single wire with the white female plug is for? something must plug into the harness but I don't see that on my old one

bmw art car

Reaction score
looking at the switch/stalk can you tell me what the single wire with the white female plug is for? something must plug into the harness but I don't see that on my old one

i don't really know what that wire is for.
but make me an offer...

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
:( I purchased a turn signal/wiper switch on ebay that is stamped 1350152 exactly as pictured on this thread. I now understand that it not correct for my 2800CS. Can anyone ID which model this switch is correct for? I would like to do a sale or trade for the correct one.

Looks like the part I purchased was for an E3 Bavaria. The Penske folks can source a switch for an E9 2800 CS for <$200. Check their site for availability for this and other parts.

Talk to the lovely and talented Lisa Disaia: [email protected]

She called me back twice and ran the traps through BMW in Germany in order to resolve my Ebay mistake! Unfortunately they would not buy the part (hey, worth a shot!)

They also offer 10% discount to BMWCCA members who register on their site.

Last edited: