74 3.0 CS - Fjord Blue

Ed Giguere

Reaction score
I am selling my coupe as I have been spending most of my time out of the states lately and I just do not get to use it much anymore. I have had it for the last 6 years and it has been my sunday driver during that time. I have replaced too many parts on it to list here. I recently installed a 5 speed from a e30 M3 and it works great, clicks in and out of all gears, very snappy. It has the original motor and the mileage is about 90K. No smoking out of it except a tiny bit when shifting gears above 5000- 5500 rpm. It is a driver and runs and looks great. It has been lowered about 1 3/4 inches in the front and about 1 1/4 in the rear. Front fender lips have been rolled in. I recently installed the B n G springs that Carl sells along with new Bilsteins. I installed ST sway bars front and rear and a Ireland strut brace too. It has the Perba Sport steering wheel taken out of a CSL. It has Alpina "locking cap" staggered 16"s, 7's up front and 8"s in the rear with Michellin Pilot Exalto's with lots of tread left on em. Paint looks very good, but has a few issues. Minimal rust for this model of car with exeption to the spare tire well which needs replacing. Wheel wells and shock towers are fine, as are the floorboards as I just replaced the rear floors with new ones from Mike Pelly and also replaced a small section of the front driver floor board where something had hit it and caused some decay. All better now and I installed dynamat on top of the jute so it is much quieter now than it used to be. Door rubber replaced two years ago, it has webers and K and N's but I also have the stock Zeniths and stock air filter assy for the purist, but the old carbs would need a lot of work to get them functional again, it is is even possible. All chrome is very good. The interior is fairly original, back seats are blue leather and are all cracked and yucky, front seats are vinyl ones that are in much better condition. Original shoulder strap seat belts still work fine, all electronics except the cigar lighter work, and the jack for that works but I can not find a replacement element that fits it. Have the original but it is in pieces. All mechanicals work fine too. Elec windows all work, Speedo and Tach have been professionaly serviced by Palo Alto Speedo and work as they should, Clock works fine, all gauges etc.. work as they should. Original AC with r12 still works fine, as long as it is not over 90 degrees that is! Interior wood is in good condition considering its age, but it does have a few bad spots. Rear window defroster still works even! Lots and lots of items replaced on car and I have lots of spare parts to go along with it. I will drive this car anywhere, as long as it is not raining that is, and it is a very dependable and sweet looking ride. I get compliments on it everyday I take it out. Car is located in Sacramento CA, and I will gladly drive it to its new owner anywhere in the western states for a plane ticket back home. It is a joy to drive! $12,000 including many extra parts. Car is ready to drive, and drive and drive some more! :)

I have many photos available and I can email them on request as I can not seem to get them loaded here.

email [email protected] for more info. Thanks!

Ed Giguere

Reaction score
Car is no longer for sale

While driving the car to visit a few potential buyers on Saturday, I had the extreme misfortune of continuing to work on my PHD in Murphy's Law. A nice big 18 wheeler kicked up a big rock and threw it at me on I-80 near Vallejo and it cracked the windsheild of my coupe quite badly. I am now in the process of looking for a new windsheild and hopefully will have the repairs completed by the end of the month. I hope to offer it for sale again at that time. Thanks to all who expressed interest, but next time I will not be driving the car anywhere to allow anyone to look at it, you will just have to come to Sacto!~

Thanks again everyone, and thanks Dan for running this site!

Cheers,
Ed