'74 3.0CS at CSi Inc.

MPowerE9

Reaction score
I know that the vendor (CSi Inc./www.bmwclassicparts.com) does not have the best reputation here, but what do you guys think about this '74 3.0CS that they have listed for sale?

http://www.bmwclassicparts.com/gallery/bmw/bmw-cs-coupes-for-sale/Evans+blue+cs/

Has anyone in SoCal seen this 3.0CS before? Or have checked it out at CSi's location in Pomona?

I'm looking to join the ranks of CS Coupe ownership....and looking for the right car for me. Thanks for any assistance.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
First ask where the car is physically located. The pix are taken by a large salty body of water, which is far from Pomona. Car could be anywhere. It would be a crapshoot to buy this one long distance.

Scott

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
That background looks suspiciously like one of Bimmerbrothers' favorite photo locations. I don't remember if it was here or another forum but I recall that Bimmerbrothers and CSi were somehow connected. If I am mistaken, I apologize. But, it is interesting that the car in question is referred to as Evan's car:
"...sicparts.com/gallery/bmw/bmw-cs-coupes-for-sale/Evans+blue+cs/"

Somewhat relatedly, I noticed that Bimmerbrothers filed for bankruptcy protection in late 2013. Evan is currently (as of maybe a week ago) selling cars through a facebook page.

TodB

Reaction score
BB

Somewhat relatedly, I noticed that Bimmerbrothers filed for bankruptcy protection in late 2013. Evan is currently (as of maybe a week ago) selling cars through a facebook page.
Shocker. Not the most reputable of fellows.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In spite of the big bumpers I am suspicious of the price. All that for 20K? Be very careful.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another option

But still.....
If you brought the car to someone reputable for a pre purchase inspection.
Say Coupe King or Carl Nelson then you would have an idea of the car's true condition and what it would take to bring the car up to your desired level.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
That coupe is in Florida (Tampa IIRC). I received some more pictures of it that caused a little concern. I was still going to fly there and look at it, but something came up and I lost interest and wound up buying one closer to home. The asking price was only about $15K then (March 2013).