74 3.0cs - granatrot - BaT

Great looking car at first glance. But, good grief, "Additional equipment includes a sliding steel sunroof" while many of us lust after an original slicktop…

Edit: Upon rereading it, I wonder if this means they added the sunroof after the fact or if this "additional equipment" was originally installed. If that is the case, then all good

Last edited:
Great looking car at first glance. But, good grief, "Additional equipment includes a sliding steel sunroof" while many of us lust after an original slicktop…

I guess I'm in the minority then, I'd only buy a coupe or an 02 with a sunroof. It is a huge plus, especially on a proberly restored car, in my opinion. I do get tired of the BaT speak in everyone of their auctions.

I don't really like red cars but Granarot looks amazing on our cars.

i would love to have a coupe with a sunroof, unfortunately the best coupe i could find when i was buying did not have one. all 3 of the 02's that i have had came with a sunroof. i really agree with the sentiment that its a HUGE plus, but 02's don't quite have the same rust issues as the coupe. that being said, that is the one thing i wish my coupe did have.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Personally I've always hated sunroofs for 3 reasons:

1. They add weight where you least want it which is at the highest point of the car

2. Being tall, I often have issues of not having enough headroom. The sunroof makes you lose precious space there.

3. It gives another entry point for rust

This being said, I can certainly understand that, for others, the advantages outweigh the inconveniences. Full respect for that

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Personally I've always hated sunroofs for 3 reasons:

1. They add weight where you least want it which is at the highest point of the car

2. Being tall, I often have issues of not having enough headroom. The sunroof makes you lose precious space there.

3. It gives another entry point for rust

This being said, I can certainly understand that, for others, the advantages outweigh the inconveniences. Full respect for that
odd.

I'm 6' 3" with a long torso.

plenty of headroom with my sunroof e9

i'm a similar size to Rob - 6'3" and very tall from the waste up. i never had an issue in vintage BMW or my 911. the only car i had a problem with was a recent RS5 coupe from Audi - i had 1" between the top of my head and the roof ... i obviously didn't buy that car.

Gorgeous car.

If it was in the USA, it'll get to $130k.

May be hard to reach $100k since it's in the NE.

Gorgeous car.

The seller comments state shipping, import duties, and delivery are included in the hammer price. This one is certainly a looker; will be interesting to see how it does.

Last edited:
odd.

I'm 6' 3" with a long torso.

plenty of headroom with my sunroof e9
Ha. We are missing one datum. The length of the arms. The optimal arm position is what matters, and it can be achieved by reclining the seat or moving it back. A tall trunk person with vey short arms may have to keep the seat at 90 degrees, and that would be a problem. I know a person like that, and he does not drive an E9.

Dear all, Many thanks for the compliments, it's Eric here from Germany Exclusive. Ivo and I are happy to deliver this car personally to your frontdoor, it's part of the deal and certainly part of the fun ;-) It's a been a pleasure so far to travel to the USA, hand over the keys and tell everything about the car to make the whole process and buyers experience complete.

And this car was original supplied by BMW with the sunroof .

It is a beautiful car, I love so much about it, the power sunroof, city lights, and the RS wheels. I am the current high bidder. If I got it at that price, I'd figure out how to do back flips. :)

Yeah, I saw Gary Knox's Granatrot coupe several times. That color is stunning in person.

Ha. We are missing one datum. The length of the arms. The optimal arm position is what matters, and it can be achieved by reclining the seat or moving it back. A tall trunk person with vey short arms may have to keep the seat at 90 degrees, and that would be a problem. I know a person like that, and he does not drive an E9.
not if you have a '74 adjustable steering column ...

I was commenting on how beautiful that color is in person. My friend Gary Knox had it on his car: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/lorelei-will-be-available-for-purchase.32115/post-262906
Gary's car was a similar but different (Porsche) color ... but a very pretty car.

Gorgeous car.

Ivo has reached much higher - there was a polaris CSi (feb '24) that sold for 180k on BaT.

not if you have a '74 adjustable steering column ...
Good point, the other saving grace I verified yesterday is that the original horse hair seat sags by inches with age... New seat pads would be a problem.

Back