74 CSi Project - Gets Underway

revitoff1o

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've put any updates up. the metal work on the car got done early summer. Some work on the rear of each of the rockers. Some inner and outside rockers replaced. The driver door got patched up. Some spots on the floor fixed better, and the passenger side fender got redone and fit properly.

So pics of some of the metal work.

20130321_102739.jpg

20130321_110756.jpg

20130321_110807.jpg

20130321_114315.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

revitoff1o

Reaction score
After the metal work was done, it went back to RSI for another quick dip and then some E-coating. They had the car for awhile, but I wasn’t in a rush. They kept in touch to let me know the scheduling. The dipping and e-coat probably cost twice as much as sand blasting, but after seeing the car with the e-coat and looking in the doors, the interior where you can see down into the rockers, there is no way anything is getting in all those little seams and in-between spots like the e-coat. Well worth it in my opinion.

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8377.jpg

Now it's back at the body shop. Tweak the metal as needed (you can see the little imperfections a lot better with the black e-coat than the bare metal. Then it'll get painted. Big debate now is to decide on the color.