74 Euro / 4 Speed Webers / No Sunroof / Just listed on eBay

DaSurfa

Reaction score
I've been looking for one but man this thing looks like crap.
The doors look really bad and some body damage.

74EuroE9

Reaction score
A Fool for E9s

The E9 BMW is under engineered and has some built in problems and construction flaws. Any fan of these cars knows or should know this. The irony is that the E9 is also among the most beautiful designs of all time. A supermodel with an 'imperfect', gap-toothed grin is still a supermodel (Lauren Hutton). Every collectible Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes and Jaguar all have their foibles. Part of the enduring appeal of all hand-made things in general is the human element visible throughout and conspicuously absent in our cad-designed, robotically assembled modern world. And this is not the first time BMW released a flawed, limited production collectible: The Z8, which is subject to chassis twist under hard acceleration. BMW has labored hard to conceal this and the ostensible PR nightmare. I'm also a fan of the Z8.

With rare exception, E9s have some degree of rust. There are lots of E9s running around with more rust than their owners know about and / or care to admit. I wanted to show the car as she is. The true value of an E9 lies in the condition of the front SHOCK TOWERS. It's too easy to 'doll up' this and other areas. "Putty n' paint make her look like what she ain't". The real value is that fact that she's not been molested, bondoed or otherwise buggered. There is nothing to sell here. This car is an honest fixer and a very good starting point. I'm crazy to sell her to begin with. I'm a fool either way.

tmason

Reaction score
This is one of the better description of creative marketing 74EUROe9! Love being able to inspect road condition though the floor and my personal favoite the Growling 3 gear is a Chick magnet.But the Blooming Bondo in spring has a look all on it's own here in Northern Nevada with a chance of snow this weekend. : )