74 fjord at motorcar studio - $42.5k (was $54.9k)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there were posts about the 73 fjord at motorcar studio ... they also have a '74 fjord.

front seats and door panels are pre '74 and don't match with the rear seats. haven't looked very closely at it

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Front seats are early 2800CS without aluminum trim and poorly done, door cards are sardine can style with access plugs and a missing ashtray.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car needs attention if they want to sell it for $54K. I’m all for rising values but I do find it frustrating when sellers fail to address simple stuff on a $50K+ toy. I get that fixing a cracked dashboard and delaminated (wood?) is difficult.

How hard is it to source and install a black armrest. The one and only color with an end cap that is readily available.

I would like to see sales on excellent cars go up, influencing the price of ‘nice’ cars, as wells as neglected POS’s like mine. What I am seeing of late is the opposite. If Pelly’s car doesn’t sell for a metric-crap-ton of cash, I will be angry with the e9 market for the rest of 2019. :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agree with all said. the body looks decent, but that does not mean its a $50k car .... especially with the word project on the 1st line. certainly worth more than the rust buckets that have sold for 20k to 28k, and a much better value than anything from BHCC ... the new buyer will have to buy some things to get this car correct - redone front seats and door panels just for starters. and yes, the Pelly car looks to be one of the best on the market in a while

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i was looking to see if this coupe had been discussed elsewhere and didn't find anything. the price has dropped to $42.5k which is a bit more reasonable. body + main mechanicals look good in pics. needs a fair amount of interior work. but if you could put an exhaust on and redo the interior for 10k ...

of course the work that has been done and the trim that is on it would need a good look or further negotiate the price ... but if you could have a decent 74 in the low 50k range this might be worthwhile. since the body / paint work has already been done ... probably keep the big bumpers on for the time being.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
nothing like a 74 the best model made!!!!

another thing notice we never see comments about a 75
one thing is you cant touch the motor in cal -for the stupid smog law.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
misssing the rubber door latch bumper
I CANT BELIEVE THIS !!!!!
THE FRIGGIN CAR WAS BUILT IMEDIATELY AFTER MINE

4310317" MINE OF COURSE IS 4301316!~!!!!!!!!!!

IF ONLY I WIN THE LOTTO-BACK TO BACK UNITS!!!

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Put some Recaros in there and have them redone w/the '74-style pattern, new door panels (are 74/75 available?), new bumpers , and finish the exhaust and I do believe then you'll have a $55k car you can sell easily on BAT (okay, will take a $5k investment).

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nothing like a 74 the best model made!!!!

another thing notice we never see comments about a 75
one thing is you cant touch the motor in cal -for the stupid smog law.

Alan, CA smog requirements affect 76 and newer cars, not 75, that’s why you can put your S38 in your 74. And the 74 here got even more smog items added to it, as well as weight, so definitely not the best in the US.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Put some Recaros in there and have them redone w/the '74-style pattern, new door panels (are 74/75 available?), new bumpers , and finish the exhaust and I do believe then you'll have a $55k car you can sell easily on BAT (okay, will take a $5k investment).
don't think you can get everything done and change the bumpers for 50k ... 55k, possibly ... but there is also the paint / bodywork to fix the big bumper holes. if you have most of the pieces already then its possible. i have most of the things except the '74 front seats. the wood looks horrible, possibly covered with contact paper ... there is a lot of missing interior trim (seats + door panels) ... but there's a good chunk of $$$ to fix that..

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw your car in Denver last week Walter. Fresh paint.
Looks great.

MotoCarlo

Reaction score
The cool engine makes up for a lot of the small stuff. But without exhaust or brake boost, might be kind of hard to even drive around the block. Even so, if the price drops below $40k could be a deal.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you are interested in making a run at this car, i have a non-stock exhaust that you could have ... if its still at the shop when bdigel took it out. can't help you with the brake booster ... but with triples, you might want to go the hydroboost approach or source a tii booster.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you are interested in making a run at this car, i have a non-stock exhaust that you could have ... if its still at the shop when bdigel took it out. can't help you with the brake booster ... but with triples, you might want to go the hydroboost approach or source a tii booster.
I own a 74, built in 73, euro coupe, Italian delivery. Walter, above, refers to the 74s as the best built. A. since my coupe was built in 73 does it have all the advantages of a "74".

And B. what are the advantages? Thanks, hope this is not too confusing.

Steve