74 in Westwood

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA:

"Rare, limited edition original black, 3.0 CS Automatic classic coupe. Garaged, rust free, excellent running condition, all service records. Refurbished leather seats, cold A/C, power windows, FM stereo/DVD player."

It appears to have the incredibly rare limited edition bolt on wire wheels, hard to tell from the C/L pics.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2375474601.html

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
those wheels almost look like type 5 wheels. hard to tell from those bad pix. i just don't see the cross spokes that true wires would have ... used to look at a lot of AH 3000 pix + e-type jags

again, the CL fuzzy pix are hard to read well ... but it seems to me that the dash metal trim extends over the steering wheel. would an owner of a '74 model please tell me the configuration. or post a pic.

thanks
scott

execmalibu

Reaction score
Looked and drove the 1974 in Westwood...

The car only needs a just a tiny little bit of work to be a nice driver. You probably could get everything done for a couple of hundred dollars.

All you would need to do is strip car to bare metal and repaint the entire car because the paint is peeling and cracking everywhere.

Then if the strange noises that the engine is making are a big issue and you want the car not to have loud rattling sounds you might want to rebuild the engine.:???:

Also if the fact that the transmission has no park gear left and the car rolls while in park is a problem for you then possibly a transmission rebuild is required.:-D

The cars brakes have the very rare factory CHANGE LANES option! All you need to do to change 2-3 lanes is apply the brakes and the car will pull radically to the right. This was easily corrected... every time I thought about using the brakes I began to turn left. If you do not like this rare option then perhaps a full caliper,rotor and suspension rebuild might be in your future.:)

The few tiny cracks in the dash are a nice place to hide your valuables but nothing larger then your cell phone.;); The rest of the interior looks great except for the peeling wood and door panels. New Windshields are not more then $20 are they?

If you move quickly she will accept $16,000 otherwise you will loose out and she will give the car to the Dealer who insists that they can get her more money...

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I laughed out loud - well done.

The car only needs a just a tiny little bit of work to be a nice driver. You probably could get everything done for a couple of hundred dollars.

All you would need to do is strip the entire car to bare metal because the paint is cracking everywhere.

Then if the strange noises that the engine is making are a big issue and you want the car not to have loud rattling sounds you might want to rebuild the engine.:???:

Also if the fact that the transmission has no park gear left and the car rolls while in park is a problem for you then possibly a transmission rebuild is required.:-D

The cars brakes have the very rare factory CHANGE LANES option! All you need to do to change 2-3 lanes is apply the brakes and the car will pull radically to the right. This was easily corrected... every time I thought about using the brakes I began to turn left. If you do not like this rare option then perhaps a full caliper,rotor and suspension rebuilt might be in your future.:)

The few tiny cracks in the dash are a nice place to hide your valuables but nothing larger then your cell phone.;);

If you move quickly she will accept $16,000 otherwise you will loose out and she will give the car to the Dealer who insists that they can get her more money...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
great retort ... all done without the hint of being tacky.
well done ... made me laugh too.