'74 seat belt

kent41

Reaction score
The driver side belt doesn't automatically retract. Is this "fixable", if so how. If it isn't what's the best source for a replacement?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Johan,

what year is your car - pre '74 with a roof tab for seatbelt mounting ... or a 2800cs with rear mounted fixed belt ... or a 74 that had the long retractable belt that mounted behind the rear seat? if you didn't have the roof mounted tab, can you be more specific (photos) of what you bought from andover and how it mounted.

Kent41, does your '74 not have the retractable unit mounted behind the rear seat?

thanks
scott

kent41

Reaction score
Mine is the long belt mounted behind the rear seat, but it doesn't retract automatically..... I have to feed it into the spool. The passenger side works fine.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there was a forum member (oneills) that had a pair of 74 belts for sale from his barn find. in the spring, he still had them.

johanaxelson

Reaction score
OK, sorry.

This is what mine look like, I did this like 10 years ago so the details are sketchy but I think I bought what was closest to what I had.

There were two holes already there for the long black metal part to fit in. The one where both ends of the belt are attached.

The car is a -74 but I do not know what was there when it was new. The rear armrests have slits for the belt though.

IIRC they have a pretty big selection of belts.

Johan

Attachments

• P1020179.jpg
    P1020179.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 85
  • P1020180.jpg
    P1020180.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 80

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bluedevils has posted here, he can refurb the retractor and replace webbing. He frequents the BMW2002FAQ site. I bought belts for the coupe and 02 from him, great service.