'74 silver/black csl-look on BAT

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
i just don't get it... do you guys earn suddenly a double wage ? double pension ??
or are those good ( hoped) investments nowadays ??
Many factors--it's really hard to buy a new sports car right now--no inventory due to chip shortage etc. German cars, old and new, are hot in the USA. Porsches are also on fire. My home has gone up 30-40 percent in a year, after minimal increases in the past ten years. Stock market is fine. Wages rising. Government has injected huge cash into the economy, massive deficit spending under both DT and JB. The economy is on a sugar high.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
LOL I am a medical doctor but can also do magical healing in my garage on occasions!
Chris, with all due respect, you don't know me or had spent any time with me to comment!

if anyone needs a local references for a 1st class body and paint or metal shop, you can contact me directly
I also work with a custom interior guy who works with automotive manufactures on concept cars etc and NOT your cookie cutter carpets and interiors suppliers.

I think the car looks fantastic. Nothing wrong with a well-documented garage restoration. Plenty of nice cars on this site have undergone the same.

Regarding the interior. Now that you have cash in your pocket and the car is no longer your baby... I don’t think that the leather work from the custom interior guy is anything to write home about. If I dropped $130K on a standard CS, I wouldn’t want any wrinkles in my Scheel work and matching rears. Perhaps this is why Scheel used vinyl.

Congrats on the sale. It is a lovely tribute!

0DA0F47C-C2C0-4285-ABFE-50EA7C322855.jpeg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
LOL I am a medical doctor but can also do magical healing in my garage on occasions!
Chris, with all due respect, you don't know me or had spent any time with me to comment!

if anyone needs a local references for a 1st class body and paint or metal shop, you can contact me directly
I also work with a custom interior guy who works with automotive manufactures on concept cars etc and NOT your cookie cutter carpets and interiors suppliers.
Sorry, I assumed this was Al’s coupe near Central Park.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the car looks fantastic. Nothing wrong with a well-documented garage restoration. Plenty of nice cars on this site have undergone the same.

Regarding the interior. Now that you have cash in your pocket and the car is no longer your baby... I don’t think that the leather work from the custom interior guy is anything to write home about. If I dropped $130K on a standard CS, I wouldn’t want any wrinkles in my Scheel work and matching rears. Perhaps this is why Scheel used vinyl.

Congrats on the sale. It is a lovely tribute!

View attachment 130018
They can steam 80% of that out if it's leather. Amazing what a little water vapor can do.