75 E9 Headlamp Washers Wipers

nathanegger

Reaction score
Hi. I’m looking for a pair. Complete with mount and motor. My car has installed since new but missing those parts yet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

lloyd

Reaction score
It may not directly solve your parts dilemma, but perhaps this might inspire broadening your search for parts that might be adaptable to suit your needs.

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/consolidated-notes-e3-e9-headlamp-washer-system.24406/

P1040257.JPG

32411072475_1c442ed0bf_b.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Related but separate topic as I've been following and commenting on the "which headlamps to buy for an e9" thread. The really cool and tragically rare headlamp wiper option would seem to require flat lensed headlamps, yes? Which is to say, the domed units would not be suitable for wiping?

Wladek

Reaction score
Related but separate topic as I've been following and commenting on the "which headlamps to buy for an e9" thread. The really cool and tragically rare headlamp wiper option would seem to require flat lensed headlamps, yes? Which is to say, the domed units would not be suitable for wiping?
Nope, wiper blades are little bit curved & have long/wide rubber surface, so they will fit good for Bosch or Hella standard headlamps;)
But you are right - to wipe 100% (not 80%) efficiently, surface of headlamps should be flat.
There was no flat headlamp lenses for E3, E9, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30.

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nope, wiper blades are little bit curved & have long/wide rubber surface, so they will fit good for Bosch or Hella standard headlamps;)
But you are right - to wipe 100% (not 80%) efficiently, surface of headlamps should be flat.
There was no flat headlamp lenses for E3, E9, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30.
Understood, and thank you. But what are the headlamps in the @lloyd post above? They look flat(ish) to me. At least when compared to high domed lights. I could be projecting...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are “almost flat” Very flat. If you go to www.rallylights.com they have the lense profile for H1’s.
Yep, these are the lights I have. I guess my description of them being "flat" is slightly exaggerated. I've always considered these flat in relation to "normal" headlamps. Thank you for the confirmation.

Wladek

Reaction score
Yep, these are the lights I have. I guess my description of them being "flat" is slightly exaggerated. I've always considered these flat in relation to "normal" headlamps. Thank you for the confirmation.
Here you can see shape of wiper blade. Lamp is standard E9 Hella
20180322_184400.jpg
20180322_184254.jpg
20180322_184350.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good info! Would you mind if you or I added this to the consolidated notes thread?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seeing the pics, this confirms that these lamps are what I call "flat", despite having a gentle domed shape. Thanks for posting the pics for clarity.

By the way, what is "the consolidated notes" thread? o_O

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m not necessarily in the market, but does that ebay listing include all necessary parts? I also wondered what interior switch was used? That eBay listing seems different also, I don’t see an asking or bid price.