'75 Taiga 3.0 in CT

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I wanted to make it very clear that this dealer seemed like one of the rare good ones.
He was more than willing to lend me his film thickness gauge (I forgot mine). He didn't fast talk me and was completely open about what he did and didn't know about these cars. When I found small issues, he didn't try to make excuses or change the topic.

In my experience with dealers, this was the rare exception to the norm.

If you must have a Taiga car with period correct accessories (spoiler and airdam), and one that's ideal as a basis for building a concours or super clean driver, this is a great car. That rear spoiler alone must be worth $2k. For a $50k investment you could end up somewhere close to Jabberjaw, but in a stunning color (my favorite after polaris).

If you like everything else about this car, I would pay Matt M from SCR to drive down for a detailed inspection of the fenders and rockers. It should only be $200-$300 and would be well worth the investment.

I trust Mario at VSR 1000%, but he's a good 3-4 hours away from this dealer.

John

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
+1 to bfeng - Steven, the seller, was very helpful when I contacted him. My comments in the first post that he was not the most knowledgeable were not meant as criticism, I think that he would readily admit that he doesn't know the most about these cars.
Also, thanks John, I couldn't remember SCR's name in my last post.

So... is it sold? if so, is the lucky new owner here?

LonestarZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love the Color

Love the color! :mrgreen:

No, I didn't buy it, but own a "close twin" taiga 75 CSi.

Price seemed a little aggressive but happy to see the price inch up for nice cars. Seems to be healthy premium for the color and am left wondering. Do you think the same price would have been paid for the car with a more common color?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
dang ... i'm close by in New Haven. maybe i'll have to get off the train tomorrow on my way back to NY and go look at it. i have to confess ... i like this color.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, I'd love the car, and the hoard of bits accumulated here
would cover me without putting the mortgage at too much risk,
Any of the current 8 or 9 bidders wanna 'fess up?
Is it really that much fun to bid
withOUT "bidding to win"?
I mean, knowing a likely reserve and niggling
the bidding ... doesn't that sort of ... oh, nevermind ;-)

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
me too

I came so closeto buying this car. But I couldn't come to terms with the price for a car this needy.

i'm a bit surprised by Matt's inspection.
example:

How could Matt miss the paint issues on the roof or the non-matching headlining?

needs a front wshield, $800

Rust thru the door skins is okay on a high end driver?

Would you bet on the low compression fixing itself?

Rear windows don't work. If it's just r&r, it's still 2-3hour or $200-300.

1000 miles in 15 years means plan on a full blown hydraulic system overhaul

If you ignore the rust in the front fenders I still can't see getting t is reliably on the road without spending $5k or more.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That "inspection" sounds sketchy at best

I came so closeto buying this car. But I couldn't come to terms with the price for a car this needy.

i'm a bit surprised by Matt's inspection.
example:

How could Matt miss the paint issues on the roof or the non-matching headlining?

needs a front wshield, $800

Rust thru the door skins is okay on a high end driver?

Would you bet on the low compression fixing itself?

Rear windows don't work. If it's just r&r, it's still 2-3hour or $200-300.

1000 miles in 15 years means plan on a full blown hydraulic system overhaul

If you ignore the rust in the front fenders I still can't see getting t is reliably on the road without spending $5k or more.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Taiga E9

Nice to see this car - and I'm hoping I can get my '73 Taiga CSi assembled in time for the SoCal Vintage Show in Oct - its with john and ron at Vintage Motorsport but they keep getting CSLs in ahead of me! Ah well, it'll be done soon enough - I was lucky to find a Euro parts car with the full Euro interior - black velour, roll up front windows, etc. Should be a nice car when its done...
Jeff