81 Euro spec E12 528i, $3.5K

G-Man

Reaction score
Not mine, but I'm affiliated since I'm helping the owner sell the car. The owner gave me power of attorney to sell the car since the Air Force transferred the owner to Louisiana. I used to own the 528i before I sold it to the current owner. The 528i comes with all the parts (pedal box, clutch kit, flywheel, etc...) for a 5 speed conversion except the gearbox and possibly the drive shaft. Seller kept the 5 speed gearbox for his 73 Bavaria. I have a Getrag 265 5 speed gearbox that I will sell separatly to the buyer. Seller wants $3.5K for this car. Any questions about this E12, contact Rob Torres at 2002 Haus in San Luis Obispo, Rob knows the car well. I only sold the car last year due to being deployed to SW Asia and I had no place to store the car while deployed. I would buy it back but my HOA would not be happy with another car outside my house.

The car still has the 3 speed autotragic. When I owned the car, I (and the current owner) decided to drive the car until the autotragic died, it won't. The fun factor for this E12 would go up significantly if the car had a 5 speed. The car flunked CA smog in July, a new cat was installed in DEC 08 so I don't think it is the cat that's the issue, probably just needs proper adjustment to pass. The E12 does not have AC, so this would be a great car for a location that doesn't get to hot, like the CA coastal region, PNW or SF Bay area. The car comes with a huge stack of receipts going back to the mid 80's.

In the past year, the current owner put in a new radiator, starter, and other new parts. The 528i is currently located near San Luis Obispo CA and registration expires at the end of NOV. Contact me if you have any questions. The below link provides information on the car.

http://www.firstfives.org/carmonth/may2009.html

I will not post this car on Craigslist, it needs to go to a BMW enthusiast.

Euro spec E12's are so much better looking than than a US spec E12 with the fugly diving board bumpers.

G-Man