A/C and Electric Cooling

rb1971

Reaction score
As part of my project last year before I got on the road, I installed all the parks inside of the cabin to allow me to run A/C (blower, piping, etc.). I also attached a modern in-line drier to the passenger side at the same time. Even though I am in SF and haven't really seen the need for A/C, I'd like to complete the system this winter.

Here's the question: is anyone running a recent motor with a modern A/C compressor AND electric-only cooling? If so, can you give me some tips as to placement of the condenser at the front of the car? Has anyone run one in front of the electric fans? Another option might be to get a smaller condenser and run a separate fan for that system only - has anyone tried this?

Asked out of curiosity whether anyone has done this before.

Bwana

Reaction score
There's a bunch of A/C threads going on right now, look around. Or try

"Air conditioning A/C site:www.e9coupe.com" in Google, you'll get a raft of hits.

I've got dual electric fans with my A/C, they do a really good job of keeping the car cool in the Houston heat. I'll see it I can get the model numbers tomorros

rb1971

Reaction score
I looked but didn't see this specific issue discussed - which wouldn't be that unusual, since I've got a relatively unusual setup.

RJRuiz

Reaction score
I have dual Spals running in a pull configuration on my coupe; condenser in front of the radiator.

Motor is a Stage II injected Korman 3.5.

Works great in South Florida heat and is much quieter than stock setup.