A long hidden 74 CS in Australia...

SME9

Reaction score
G'day folks,
I've just picked up an E9 after looking for a few years. As far as forums go, I've been around the traps on various Porsche forums for a quite a while, but I'm a new guy on this forum...
I've recently bought a 1974 3.0 CSA (Australian delivered - Sydney) in Granatrot with light grey interior. The car has 152,000km on the odometer, has had four owners and still has the original books.
It's very original, and while in good shape, needs a LOT of tidying up after being left in a shed for around 14 years.
The PO had the car for 30 years, and it's fair to say that it has not had the requisite care that a classic car needs, so now I'm paying the price and having to correct a mountain of issues...
Anyway, the car has got great bones, and I look forward to bringing the car back to good condition again. First things first though, it's time to get it registered and back on the road.
The pic below is very flattering. As they say, it's good from far (but far from good).
cheers,
Scotty
74E9.jpg

Last edited:

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Scotty,

Looking at the picture I thought you were presenting you're restored E9. It indeed looks amazing on this picture most certainly for a car that spend the last 14 years in a shed.

Good luck with getting it back in to shape.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome! Where in Oz are you lurking from?

The car does look good from afar indeed. What are some of the "mountains of issues" you need to address?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, your car looks pretty nice in the photo. What a great combination Granatrot and grey and the CSL wheels. Manual or Auto? Hopefully if the body is in good shape and no rust that is the main thing, as mechanicals are quite easily sorted. FYI there is Facebook page for E9 lovers in Australia - BMW E9 REGISTER AUSTRALIA. Quite a few of us are Sydney based E9 owners.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Wow I love Granatrot, my favourite colour. Well done!! Where in Oz are you. We will be organising a Sydney meet and greet in December (hopefully). I didn't see this on the market here so I'm assuming it was a private sale? Send some more pics please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk