A Strange vibration from my car when taking off from a stop.

Jendon2

Reaction score
There is a a Strange vibration from car when taking off from a stop... Seems to sort of shutter, def hear it in the cabin, My mechanic thinks it's coming from the air conditioning console? Seems to go away once you get going.. thoughts...please help hate the noise
and feeling.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
+1
could it be the clutch either ?

if the mechanic feels the symthom in the central console area thethingthat shatters is somewhere front end, I know that in avibration case we must differenciate between origin and vibration source, so stevehose canberight too, the central support bearing is not ok and the transmission "transmits" the vibration until a resonator in the front area

you did mention noise?

prior to the renewal of the engine, i had a similar issue, an annoying noise now and then when taking off from a stop and in first gear, while actuating the clutch

the noise was not always present in that situations ( i vaguely remember a concurrence of a warm hot weather too ) but whenever it appears dissapeared a little after

cause: the driving flywheel that is located rearside of the engine and contains the plate onto which the clutch makes its function was not flat anymore ( the plate itself was not flat ), but it had a sort of concentric grooves
solution: a new flywheel had to beinstalled, new friction clutch plate, e voila !

please specify what exact actions are you undertaken when you feel the noise/vibration, when it starts and when finishes

regards

Last edited:

MMercury

Reaction score
check center support bearing and drive shaft guibo

Add "transmission mount" to the check list.

00020006_z.jpg

Jendon2

Reaction score
seems to go away when you push hard on heater/airconditioner console???
louder when de-acceling also .....still seems like something rubbing
thoughts?

Thanks

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
seems to go away when you push hard on heater/airconditioner console???
louder when de-acceling also .....still seems like something rubbing
thoughts?

Thanks

the console seems to be the source of the vibration, this is the element that vibrates, but now you needto identify the path (probably not very relevant) that it will be the body, and the origin of the excitation, and yeah, the transmission elements seemed to be it,
so probably it is worth a detailed inspection in the underbody
regards