A wild one

Henrik

Reaction score
Here is a link to an e9 for sale in Norway! Have no personal knowledge or interest in the car.

Some highlights from the text:

Motor:91 mod.m5 S38B36 with msd 6 ignition,
weightadjusted, 2,5" SS exhaust. 600 cfm fusor, fuelcell with aeromotive tsunami pump. t70 turbo under the car. Motor about 1000km after full overhaul. Clutch from audi quattro group A, Gearbox is an original 3,0 csi, 4 speed . Differential from 635, with 3,07 ratio.

Break tested in dynapack bench to 476 HK, and 641NM on the wheels.

Coilovers made in USA, bilsteins, Sellholm adjustable stabilizer

Wheels: RH 8,5x18" front with 225,40x18 dunlop sportmaxx, 10x18" rear, with 255,35x18 dunlop sportmaxx.
Brakes front: K sport. 356 mm discs and 8 piston callipers,
rear: 330 mm discs, 6 piston callipers.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=71310

Henrik

DJSimca

Reaction score
Must be difficult not doing donuts at every bend ;-)

Still looks to be well executed ..

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
modified e9...

It is not what I want either of mine to be, but I like it alot.

My grandparents immigrated from Stavanger many moons ago. I was last there (Norway) about 30 years ago. I think its time for a return with my "new" wife (of 15 years). Good food and wonderful people. And some beautiful roads.... Dave V. in western NC, USA

SteveM

Reaction score
Is it too much?

I've often wondered about cars like this. Without apparent internal bracing, apart from that strut brace, aren't they overpowered and overbraked for the capacity of the shell. Meaning that they'd flex like crazy - which is ok for those donuts but hopeless if you're trying to set a handling benchmark.
And would contemporary electronics overcome the lag with that turbo buried down the back end?
Lets not even talk about the black one....

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ill never understand why people take a beautiful car and do things like this. It makes no sense from a financial, performance or engineering perspective. There are so many better candidates to mod. Perhaps if people didn't do things like this our cars would have more value.

dj_efk

Reaction score
It's trying to make a Fast and Furious style ride out of a car that just doesn't suit the look, in my opinion. Hope it sells to someone who decides to make it look more Factory.

jmackro

Reaction score
I've often wondered about cars like this. Without apparent internal bracing, apart from that strut brace, aren't they overpowered and overbraked for the capacity of the shell.

Yea, I'm in agreement. This sort of car is fun to build, but once it's done and you have spun out a few times and broken a few drive train components, it's time to sell.

And would contemporary electronics overcome the lag with that turbo buried down the back end?

Putting the turbo at the back is kind of odd. Yea, it would create terrific lag. An additional issue is that the air cleaner is fed a diet of cruddy air down there between the wheels.

Could "contemporary electronics" overcome the lag? Perhaps 22nd century electronics! You would need something that could anticipate when the driver was planning to put his foot down, and spool up the turbo a few seconds beforehand. Nothing your basic time machine can't solve.

Last edited:

Henrik

Reaction score
Hello!

I don't know if he's the owner, but I assume that special cars like this requires a special dress code.
I read in another forum that the seller sugges a price between 250-300K Nkr. (43000-52000 dollar).

Henrik

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
...Nothing your basic time machine can't solve.
:mrgreen:

timemachine.jpg

Oh, when technology was this simple...hop in!