About time!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been interested in E9s since Architecture school where the Dean had a 2800CS tweaked by Hardy and Beck. A real beauty I drooled over it daily in the parking lot.

When I graduated and had enough cash in the bank...E9s being out of
my financial range...I did the next best thing and emptied my account on a 1972 2002 (in 1979). Over time she saw a full Alpina suspension upgrade, balanced / blueprinted engine, oversize valves, ported and polished heads, polished crank, high compression pistons, twin sidedraft 40 DCOEs etc. developing over 160hp. Pretty big power in the day, it wouldn't best a 911 but they couldn't shake me. Lots of VERY confused looks. Good fun and maybe the best car I've owned... or certainly one of the most memorable.

OK...jump a few years the interest was still there and timing being right I purchased Brian Fields 2800CS last week. Great car in really good shape I flew to LA to look at it and drove it back to the Bay Area. No major plans for the car other than keeping it in shape and a addressing few small items on a car that has seen little road time in 20 years. Oh...and driving it.

Other cars?...a few. 1951 MGTD, 1962 lotus Super 7, 1966 Lotus Cortina (clone), 1967 Triumph TR4A, 1982 Toyota FJ60 Landcruiser and then the daily drivers.

Access to the site was the link to Brian's car and I'm looking forward to the dialog!

John

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great past BMW History. Enjoy the new Coupe. Owning one and living in California go so well together. From what I can see of the Photos it looks very well bought.

Last edited:

SicilianE9

Reaction score
Looks like you have the right experience to tackle an E9!
would enjoy seeing photos of your cars.
Take care and welcome
Luc