AC heater box

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You don’t need a new heater box. You will need the AC specific heater duct though.
maybe not, but wedont know, he has to confirm it, yes the heater is independent from the AC

fco.

so you need the ACbits:that is compressor with bracket, condenser with fan, radiator with the two sensor-switches, evaporator, Ac duct, central console covers with grilles and front grille with the two switches
a hard to find complete set, wow
i recall 3 years ago i was offered a used set in germany for some good money
my advise is try to find it out of europe, there were very few cars with AC in Europe
goodluck

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are two known complete setups on the market right now. A new forum member is in line for either. That means that there may be another complete setup available. A Deq mentioned they aren’t cheap.

Some stuff interchange w/others. I think an evaporator from an E20 will work as well??

I pointed Alan towards an e21 parts car in his neck of the woods. He needs only needs the case. Perhaps he can chime in on fitment if pulls the trigger.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are two known complete setups on the market right now. A new forum member is in line for either. That means that there may be another complete setup available. A Deq mentioned they aren’t cheap.

I pointed Alan towards an e21 parts car in his neck of the woods. He needs only needs the case. Perhaps he can chime in on fitment if pulls the trigger.
There are some minor differences among the supplied evaporators. Real OEM shows E3, E9, E21 same part number. Here is a photo of the E9 unit on left, E21 on right. Pardon the mess, cleaning staff had day off :D. You will see plumbing a bit different, but so what? May make attaching hoses easier. Plus, there is a upright plastic piece on top of E21 unit, can easily be trimmed away, if in fact it is in the way when positioned in an E9. Then intermediate piece fits perfectly. Dimensions same.
SAM_3472.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool. I dig into this before and was surprised to see that realoem had them crossing. I noticed that they looked different also when trying to iD a friends evaporator. To your point it seems close enough though.