Ac relay replacements.

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
From my diagram and some of the discussion on this board. There are 2 important relays connected to the ac blower motor and the compressor. One is by the fuse box(bosch 0332100020) and one under the coil(i have now a weber 20210 100A in place.. not sure if it is the correct 4 prong relays needed)
Can someone tell me if both relays should be the same ? What is an appropriate relays to replace the bosch one by the fuse box(i don't think original new ones are available).?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one near fuse box is a changeover relay used in 73 and earlier coupes only, if you have a 74 you don't need one.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the original Hella relay for the condensor fan is a 91/6 24 12V with ears on the sides of the can so it can be screwed onto the inner fender.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I find them on eBay occasionally but you can use any new standard 4 prong Hella or Bosch relay with the 85, 86, 87 and 30 tabs. Avoid the chinese junk ones.

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
what is a good relay replacement for the relay by the fuse box(it shuts of the fan when the ac blower is on)
original is bosch 0332100020

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe The relay under the fuse is very different from most relays. It opens the contacts when energized.