Accuracy of the Roundels from W&N

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
And the color accuracy?

You want a raised aluminum roundel with chrome base plate. You can buy repop raised aluminum roundels, but the one pictured isn’t.

For the most part, the roundel colors look pretty good. It was the c-pillar roundels that came out in a purplish color. They also didn’t fit correctly.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought my front & rear from Jaymic a couple of years ago. C-pillar roundels are the tough ones to find. I bought raised letter ones from a forum member many years ago.

New Front Roundel.jpeg
New Rear Roundel.jpeg
Raised Letter C pillar.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos -The Tourings Roundels are both aluminum and the part number is the same as those at W&N (and ostensibly from BMW?). The front and rear are the same and both look original to the car for sure. Sounds like a a diversion between the E9 and e10. Regardless, sounds like the colors are OK on the front and rear badges. Thanks for the info!

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
if you can't find good ones, someone in your area should be doing cloisonné restoration and it should be a no brainer for them to restore one correctly. Some of these people that do this kind of work are very gifted. I once found a woman that does paper restoration for a rare serigraph I bought

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought some new ones. On the Touring they are the same part for both front and rear. No baseplates. I don't know if that differs from a normal 02 roundie.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought some new ones. On the Touring they are the same part for both front and rear. No baseplates. I don't know if that differs from a normal 02 roundie.

I missed the “for the 02 touring” comment in your first sentence. Must have been biased by your post in the e9 section of the e9 forum. :D

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am repainting my car. Taking off the front roundel one of the posts broke off mid-way down. I have two questions

1- Should I try to repair the sheared off post, and how. JB weld did not work
2-Is it better to just buy a new one, and best source to purchase. I see from this post Art.-No. A51145480181 from WM but they also have Art.-No. A51145081747

Pictures attached. You can see that it is not in the best shape

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_7975.jpg
    IMG_7975.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7977.jpg
    IMG_7977.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 32

dbower

Reaction score
And there is supposed to be a gasket under the rear roundel base on E9s, as discussed here ad nauseum. Good luck finding one.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe it was @Stan who remade batch rear Roundel base gaskets, I recall buying one or two.

I have worked with a 3D-Printing Company to remake the rear Roundel curved base out of brass & can be chromed. I wanted to eventually have it "printed" in stainless steel which has not happened yet.

Also worked out a 3D-Printed E9/E24 Wiper Motor Cover which is a hard shell as soft rubber & equally waterproof.